Chief’s Briefs - BU | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - BU

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it was nice seeing Vital break out of his slump. He is smart and talented enough, if you give him the minutes he will find a way.

- Anderson was outstanding in his role. He has quick hands and moves his feet laterally really well and that’s key for good defense. He got some baskets, forced some BU turnovers and rebounded. He gives the team energy. It will be interesting to see how his offense does against better teams?

- Gilbert played better later in the game. He missed a few foul shots early and again got caught in the trees going to the rack and BU doesn’t have elite size. Psychologically, he is not afraid about reinjury but his shot is very far away from being a threat.

- Larrier truly has a nice soft touch and he releases the ball at a high point. I still think he needs to get much stronger.

- Overall the Bigs were disappointing tonight. Cobb turned down a layup early. Big Dave is ok on the boards but he is very limited offensively.

KO pulled Whaley for not boxing out and then the next play Larrier threw the ball to a fan but he stayed in. Bottom-line pulling someone from a game can be effective but you need to be consistent about it. It’s an area in that it’s really frustrating we don’t appear to be tapping into Calhoun and learning from him.

- Finally guys need to learned how to play off ball defense better - we need to move guys off the line before they get the ball.

Reaction Score
Vital played excellent. His shot was falling, he had like three nice drives, not forced, and handled the ball well, passed well, and was effective on defense. Congratulations Christian.

Reaction Score
We overwhelmed them on the glass with our size and strength. We will need to come out with better offensive flow and shooting against better teams. I will say that we are all in on defense and that must continue. The players are trying very hard and giving good effort.

Reaction Score
KO pulled Whaley for not boxing out and then the next play Larrier threw the ball to a fan but he stayed in. Bottom-line pulling someone from a game can be effective but you need to be consistent about it. It’s an area in that it’s really frustrating we don’t appear to be tapping into Calhoun and learning from him.
Larrier saw the court, assessed where his next pass should be, and picked the right one. Just happened to sky it. Don't need to pull a guy for physical mistakes nearly as much as mental ones.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it was nice seeing Vital break out of his slump. He is smart and talented enough, if you give him the minutes he will find a way.

- Anderson was outstanding in his role. He has quick hands and moves his feet laterally really well and that’s key for good defense. He got some baskets, forced some BU turnovers and rebounded. He gives the team energy. It will be interesting to see how his offense does against better teams?

- Gilbert played better later in the game. He missed a few foul shots early and again got caught in the trees going to the rack and BU doesn’t have elite size. Psychologically, he is not afraid about reinjury but his shot is very far away from being a threat.

- Larrier truly has a nice soft touch and he releases the ball at a high point. I still think he needs to get much stronger.

- Overall the Bigs were disappointing tonight. Cobb turned down a layup early. Big Dave is ok on the boards but he is very limited offensively.

- Finally guys need to learned how to play off ball defense better - we need to move guys off the line before they get the ball.

Gilbert is trying too hard--plain and simple. He will be fine over the long haul. Anderson and Vital were really good. What a luxury it is to have them coming off the bench. Plenty of minutes to go around, as well.

Larrier's "I start the game lethargic" quote caused my head to explode. Seriously? Are you kidding me? He is a great option at the foul line against a zone. That will be a huge help against Syracuse.

I like the fact that our bigs can catch it and are playing with a little bit of want. HCKO can go to the hot hand and I think that the younger guys are actually pushing each other. They are a work in progress, but it's nice to have options.

The defensive pressure is fun to see, but the close-outs still stink.

Looking forward to Thursday so we can see where we are. Not a must-win. More of must-be-competitive.

I'm enjoying watching the games again. That is a good sign.

Reaction Score
TL and JA need to score 15+ each every game or its going to be a long season.

Reaction Score
If you didn't know any better you might think Anderson is the leader of this team when he's out there. He just has that confidence. Nice to have 4 guards who all give you something a little different. Terry and Jalen don't need a point meter, they just need to step up when needed. Until then keep spreading it around. Tonight it wasn't necessary to carry the team and that's a good thing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you didn't know any better you might think Anderson is the leader of this team when he's out there. He just has that confidence. Nice to have 4 guards who all give you something a little different. Terry and Jalen don't need a point meter, they just need to step up when needed. Until then keep spreading it around. Tonight it wasn't necessary to carry the team and that's a good thing.
His personality is just what this team needs.

Reaction Score

Im a little surprised you are down on the bigs. I guess they werent incredible, but they continue to surprise me. Carlton got some blocks and looks like he knows how to play.

As a group they seem so much more active than our previous bigs.

C

Chief00

Im a little surprised you are down on the bigs. I guess they werent incredible, but they continue to surprise me. Carlton got some blocks and looks like he knows how to play.

As a group they seem so much more active than our previous bigs.

I am not down on the Bigs over-all, just tonight I am disappointed. I thought they played better last game. We really got nothing from Polley and Whaley - Cobb and Big Dave disappointed as well although Cobb may have been injured a little?

Reaction Score
Cobb sprained his ankle early during his first stint on the court. No timeout taken & he hobbled up and down the court for about a minute and a half until a TV timeout.

Went to locker room & then came back out. Announcer said he was out for the game with an ankle sprain. Hope he's able to recover in time for Thursday's game !

Reaction Score
I thought our ball movement against the zone looked as good as I can remember it in at least a couple years.

Still a work in process but at least there's a decent amount of dribble or pass penetration going on with kick outs to open shooters and/or other cutters to the basket. Not the annoying "pass around the perimeter until 5 sec left on shot clock then hoist a junk forced shot" offense!

Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised with the 52 rebounds. I think I saw somewhere about it being the most by a KO coached team. It was against BU however, a UConn team with the tallest player what? 6’9. Thats amazing.

Reaction Score
Larrier tries way too much to put the ball behind his back when he drives to the basket and gets his pocket stripped. If he can develop a strong mid range game, he could be unstoppable and a great asset for the middle of a zone. I was encouraged by the bigs, they had a lot of misses but nice put backs near the basket. Again its BU and we are saying they look nice as works in projects. Adams to me needs to be more vocal and be guiding his teammates. It seems to me like he plays like the captain of this team as someone who knows he's the best player. Maybe he is playing down because of the early season competition and wanting to get his teammates a chance to prove themselves when the competition gets tougher.

Reaction Score
If you didn't know any better you might think Anderson is the leader of this team when he's out there. He just has that confidence.

He's really quick and fairly long, too. He reminds me of Terry Rozier on the Celtics. He just looks like he's moving faster than everyone else. Jumper consistency is key for both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom