Chicago Sky @ New York Liberty - 6/29/18 | The Boneyard

Chicago Sky @ New York Liberty - 6/29/18

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Liberty need a win..............................Bad!!! Currently they're in 11th place at 4-10. :(

At the half -
Liberty 53
Sky 52

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Why is Stef mostly at the top the key setting screens then going down in the low post and asking for the ball?

Reaction Score
The liberty could really use another star play, Preferably a wing, I think Lou would be a great fit on the team and take a lot of purser off Tina.

Sounds good to me. Regardless how the Liberty finishes up, I think a few players will be moving on. From everything I've read, Smith is very defense-minded and quite a few of her players, while being offensive threats, are not particularly good defenders. I'm amazed at the dumb fouls that take place in a close game every game and the perimeter defense, except for Kia, is very porous. I find it perplexing that Kia played nearly the entire 4th quarter the last two games only to be pulled the last few minutes when defense really mattered. The last game in particular, she had put five points on the board in the 4th with her last two shots so it wasn't her offense that was a concern. I'm sure Smith had her reasons. In addition, watching Della Donne step out unopposed the other night with .6 seconds on the clock was gut wrenching...even before she made the shot. Kia must be having PTSD by now, given UCONN and the Liberty's 's penchant for last second losses. Right now it looks like the games are scripted, the usual players coming and going at roughly the same time each game. I expect that should change. Maybe. OK, worst case scenario we get Lou or 'Pheesa next year. BTW, Gabby looked good on her mid-range shots.

Reaction Score
Rt, Stef just doesn't set screen out at the key. She can hit the three behind the arc, as well as from the foul line and thirdly, she looks for the pick and roll opportunities. Occasionally, she will find Gabby for an assist. After all those opportunities, she will head for the block.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom