Chicago Sky @ Minnesota Lynx - 8/14/18

Reaction Score
24-21 CHI end of first

DeShields 7 pts

Wright 8 pts, 1 ast

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great pass from Gabby to Diamond for a layup early on. Gabulous also had another steal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great pass from Gabby to Diamond for a layup early on. Gabulous also had another steal.

Then sent to the bench and has yet to reappear midway through 2nd Q :mad:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya fouled out and they needed her at the end. Chicago wins by 3.

Diamond had 28.

Sloot had 16 and 10 and shattered Penicheiro's season assist record of 236.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DD was outstanding including a highlight quality block at the buzzer that prevented the chance for the Lynx to tie the game. But the Lynx missed at least 5 free throws in the 4Q and turned the ball over way too much.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
DD was outstanding including a highlight quality block at the buzzer that prevented the chance for the Lynx to tie the game. But the Lynx missed at least 5 free throws in the 4Q and turned the ball over way too much.

Sky held their own on the boards, too. The 50/50 balls were well contested.

Reaction Score

DD burned Maya on the last three possessions shown in her highlight tape, with the last one being the most impressive. I remember watching an interview of DD, and she was asked who she was the most excited to match up against. She said Maya Moore, because she was the best player at her position. I would bet there's more to it that that.... like both being stars from Georgia and even having the same high school coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

DD burned Maya on the last three possessions shown in her highlight tape, with the last one being the most impressive. I remember watching an interview of DD, and she was asked who she was the most excited to match up against. She said Maya Moore, because she was the best player at her position. I would bet there's more to it that that.... like both being stars from Georgia and even having the same high school coach.

Maya was in foul trouble, so she couldn’t fully defend. Diamond was smart to recognize it.

Reaction Score
I turned to this game after half time. For the first half of the 3Q, Diamond seemed to disappear. I was unaware of her production in the 1Q. Next thing I know, Diamond is hitting shots from every spot on the floor. Entertaining game. Diamond had a very nice game.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Would folks say that DeShields' game most resemble Moore's? (if not, what's a good comparison for her? Swoopes?)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm pleased with Diamond's rookie season. She is already an effective WNBA player and she has room to improve if she can be more consistent and improve her jump shot.

Reaction Score
The Lynx were out of sync. As a Lynx fan and Minnesota native, this has been an interesting season. The Lynx really haven't played up to their usual high standards. The intensity hasn't been there this season. Hopefully we play better in the playoffs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Would folks say that DeShields' game most resemble Moore's? (if not, what's a good comparison for her? Swoopes?)
I'm having trouble coming up with a comparison. She's lankier than Maya and not the same kind of shooter. Plus, Maya's work ethic and mindset set her apart. With Diamond's speed and build, I think of maybe a female version of Rudy Gay.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember DeShields working as hard at Tennessee as she does now in the WNBA. Maybe it’s because she used to be a Volunteer, and now she’s getting paid.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don’t remember DeShields working as hard at Tennessee as she does now in the WNBA. Maybe it’s because she used to be a Volunteer, and now she’s getting paid.

I sort of feel like the collegiate lifestyle never really suited her. Makes sense as the daughter of a pro athlete. She always aspired to be a pro so I don't think she was fully invested in college. But that's just my take as a fan and is probably nonsense.

Also, at UNC and Tenn, she was called upon to be the star of team and run the show. I think that feeds her worst impulses. Being on a team led by two veteran guards and in a situation where the coach can bench her at a moment's notice if she is lollygagging or throwing up terrible shots is good for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom