Cheshire Academy | The Boneyard

Cheshire Academy

Reaction Score
OK, when the heck did Cheshire Academy get so good in football? Back when I was at the public high school down the street right before they rolled-off several state championships in a row, my school's team would have smoked the Academy. On the other hand, they were very good in basketball as I remember them running circles around us behind a St. John's recruit or two.

Reaction Score
OK, when the heck did Cheshire Academy get so good in football? Back when I was at the public high school down the street right before they rolled-off several state championships in a row, my school's team would have smoked the Academy. On the other hand, they were very good in basketball as I remember them running circles around us behind a St. John's recruit or two.

When they hired Coach Dykeman and he amped up recruiting/reputation. Guy works tirelessly.

Reaction Score
Awesome highlights. Explosive, strong, good balance - plays at a higher speed than anyone else on the field. Be nice for UConn to have a solid season and land a couple kids like this next year.

If he is "Neon Deion's" adopted son he is already penciled in to start his true freshman year at FSU.

Reaction Score
Fact? Is he already committed to FSU?
No, just sayin'. OR, didn't Sanders get that scatback into West Virginia during the Jasper Howard era? There's another possibility.

Reaction Score
No, just sayin'. OR, didn't Sanders get that scatback into West Virginia during the Jasper Howard era? There's another possibility.

You're referring to Noel Devine. Sanders became a mentor to Devine. Both attended North Ft. Myers HS. Devine had a tumultuous and troubled upbringing, losing both his parents to AIDS and had a friend murdered, at a young age. Sanders stepped in help keep Devine out of trouble. He brought Devine to live with him in Texas. Devine chose WVU, although he held offers from FSU, Nebraska, and Alabama. I believe Devine's ability to qualify academically was in question during his recruitment. At one point, he was headed to Milford Academy, before committing to WVU.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You can have all the talent in the world. If they can't play together, they won't win.

This team has what feels like 5 first round draft picks (given the attention given by college recruiters), so what they heck is going on?

Over the summer I said the hype machine for Cheshire would create pressure.

Reaction Score
This team has what feels like 5 first round draft picks (given the attention given by college recruiters), so what they heck is going on?

Over the summer I said the hype machine for Cheshire would create pressure.

Not like this has ever happened before, Kentucky, cough, cough.

Reaction Score

What year did you graduate from CHS?

Reaction Score
Miami commit Josh Jobe to play at prep school in Connecticut next year

>>University of Miami defensive back commit Josh Jobe will be playing his final year of high school much farther from the Coral Gables campus than nearby Miami Columbus. The four-star prospect is enrolling at Cheshire Academy, a prep school in Connecticut, because he will be ineligible to play high school football in Florida due to age restrictions set by the Florida High School Athletic Association.

Jobe turns 19 before Sept. 1, which is the cut-off date for high school sports eligibility in the state. If he were to stay at Columbus, he would’ve been there solely as a student. Columbus coach Chris Merritt confirmed Jobe is set to enroll for the fall at Cheshire. Jobe will finish the spring semester of his junior year, take summer classes and arrive at the private boarding school in late July.<<

Reaction Score

>>University of Miami defensive back commit Josh Jobe will be playing his final year of high school much farther from the Coral Gables campus than nearby Miami Columbus. The four-star prospect is enrolling at Cheshire Academy, a prep school in Connecticut, because he will be ineligible to play high school football in Florida due to age restrictions set by the Florida High School Athletic Association.

Jobe turns 19 before Sept. 1, which is the cut-off date for high school sports eligibility in the state. If he were to stay at Columbus, he would’ve been there solely as a student. Columbus coach Chris Merritt confirmed Jobe is set to enroll for the fall at Cheshire. Jobe will finish the spring semester of his junior year, take summer classes and arrive at the private boarding school in late July.<<

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom