Chelsea Gray's season over at Duke | The Boneyard

Chelsea Gray's season over at Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Big Loss for Duke. She's had a rough couple of years. Get Well....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is terrible news. She was a real competitor. This is a huge blow to Duke's season, too.

Blessings, Chelsea, may you be made whole.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
With a projected 4-month recovery time, it sounds as if she might be able to play in the WNBA this summer. Silver lining?

Reaction Score
Terrible news. Gray is a great fire for that Duke team. Hopefully she fully recovers but Duke is done

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The knee was never right. She gutted it out and I admire that. At the same time I question a Duke staff and medical team that let her. Somewhat reminiscent of a truly great player whose career was effectively ended in similar fashion.

What the injury suggests to me is that the repair left a looseness/tracking issue in the trochlear groove alignment.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Very, very sorry to hear it.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's been a bad couple days for news, and this just adds to it.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Terrible news. Always hate to read this stuff regardless what team is involved. Get well Chelsea. Hopefully, your best bb days still are ahead of you.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Poor Chelsea - this news just totally sux...best of luck kiddo

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Bad news there. Duke only got 13 assists on Sunday in a game where Gray had limited action. But Alexis Jones has been averaging 4 apg, so hopefully she can fill a big void adequately.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh wow..........this is terrible - now I really am wondering if they brought her back too soon.. This is crazy. Feel terrible for CG and her team. Hope she can bounce back next season...

Edit : I forgot this was her senior year. Sincerely hope that she can continue on at the next level if she wants to give it a shot

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Chelsea has the heart of a champion and this injury is serious. Knee cap fracture covers a wide range, from the merely serious to the horrific. She is a competitor I have always respected, no more so than this year. I sincerely hope that if it is her desire she can return to women's basketball at a competitive level. There are a lot of us pulling for you Chelsea.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I simply hate hearing this!

Best wishes to Chelsea!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's a shame, especially her senior year. And first WNBA season.

I saw her in New Orleans last April, walking stiff-legged down the street. She was very pleasant. Get back to 100%, Chelsea!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
If she drops down the draft board because of this, she could end up being a real steal for a team willing to take a chance. Wish her the best, she was clearly the heart of a team that desperately needs heart.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Posted on Duke Basketball Report by a fan.

I must comment that I was at the game yesterday. Saw when Chelsea went down. Play was not stopped. She tried to play on, but it was obvious that she had at least a temporarily serious injury. Yet Joanne left her in for a minute or so, while Chelsea gamely tried to hobble down the court. It appeared obvious to any sentient human being that Chelsea at best could barely walk, much less run, and at worst had suffered a serious injury. But our intrepid coach left her in the game. When she finally came out she dashed off the court with the trainer. Only later did Dr. Toth go off with her. I don't know who was downplaying the injury, but our crack medical staff appeared to evidence little concern. So little that Chelsea actually came back and played fairly effectively, although she appeared to have been slowed. I was particularly concerned that the Coach appeared to be unconcerned about an injury that, as it turns out, is career ending. I would like to think the Coach had more concern for the welfare of her players. But this was a game where our coach came dressing in the opponents colors. Guess I just don't understand much of anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom