Checking some Kansas Boards | The Boneyard

Checking some Kansas Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Consensus of most of them is: add Louisville and WVU, and throw in Cincy. Several also posted what we've seen here, that they'd like to see UConn and Rutgers as well. The comments were generally that the BE schools don't really want the B12, but they don't really have many options do they? KU may not be representative of the conference because the alumni are pretty well distributed, quite a few in Chicago, DC, NY etc.

Funniest stuff was about Missouri. Not very flattering for sure. Makes our posts about BC seem rather tame.

Reaction Score
Consensus of most of them is: add Louisville and WVU, and throw in Cincy. Several also posted what we've seen here, that they'd like to see UConn and Rutgers as well. The comments were generally that the BE schools don't really want the B12, but they don't really have many options do they? KU may not be representative of the conference because the alumni are pretty well distributed, quite a few in Chicago, DC, NY etc.

Funniest stuff was about Missouri. Not very flattering for sure. Makes our posts about BC seem rather tame.

Missouri is their biggest rival. I was in Kansas City two years ago for their Thanksgiving weekend game - it was quite a show. KC split 50/50 KU/MU fans - it was great.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pretty much every Big 12 team but Texas wins by going to 14 or 16. The money is there to boost the TV contract, they get new markets, and they protect themselves from Texas' inevitable departure. The problem is, Texas doesn't want it.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Gut feeling is that the Big XII will avoid public embarassment and both WVU and UL will both be invited. If and/or when Mizzou finally decides to leave, then either Cincy or BYU will be on deck.

Reaction Score
At the KU Missou rivalry game you will see t-shirts that say:

"The University of Kansas. Keeping America safe from Missouri since 1865."
One of the reasons I usually root for Kansas if it doesn't affect UConn.

Reaction Score
Can we assume that the Big 12 is an even less likely option than the B1G?

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it and actually prefer it over this Frankenstein conference they're trying to reconstruct.

Reaction Score
Can we assume that the Big 12 is an even less likely option than the B1G?

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it and actually prefer it over this Frankenstein conference they're trying to reconstruct.

I think it's more likely. The Big 12 would have more to gain but certain schools like Texas would have their clout reduced if they went up to 14 or even 12 since the conference would be in much better position to survive losing a school or four.

Reaction Score
Gut feeling is that the Big XII will avoid public embarassment and both WVU and UL will both be invited. If and/or when Mizzou finally decides to leave, then either Cincy or BYU will be on deck.

what is the public embarassment? You are assuming that conferences have the ability to feel shame???

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is our most likely savior at this point. Herbst has to figure out a way to begin a dialogue with them, because that could force the ACC to move.

Reaction Score
I love the prospect of the Big 12 or Big 10 for UConn. I would just love to have the last laugh and end up in a better football conference than the ACC defectors. With UConn and Rutgers in either the Big 12 or 10 together the ACC would still not be that large a factor in Northeast.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
what is the public embarassment? You are assuming that conferences have the ability to feel shame???
Agree...bad choice of wording. Avoid conflict.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is our most likely savior at this point. Herbst has to figure out a way to begin a dialogue with them, because that could force the ACC to move.
I've been saying for some time that a merger between the BE football schools nad the B12 makes a ton of sense. It makes sense in lots of different ways, too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are a few ways this could end well for everyone. The petty parochial interests of the individual universities prevent them from happening.

B12 could absorb BE FB and we'd be done. Every school left has been ranked in the top 10 during a season or been to a BCS game in the last 10 yrs. They can all compete given stability and positive exposure. There are no Dukes or Vanderbilts in there.

Wvu, UL, and Cincy could go to B12 as rumored. Uconn and Ru to the ACC. Even Usf could be a non-threatening little brother to Florida in the SEC.

If I'm a Washington power broker, that's what I'd want to see in order to cancel an oversight hearing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
At the KU Missou rivalry game you will see t-shirts that say:

"The University of Kansas. Keeping America safe from Missouri since 1865."

Yes, I love that one. Had one back when I was at law school in Lawrence.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
One of the reasons I usually root for Kansas if it doesn't affect UConn.

If you don't know, KU has New England roots. Lawrence was largely founded by abolitionists from New England. There is a great brewpub in town called the Free State Brewery. The Crimson and Blue colors represent Harvard and Yale. The streets are laid out in order the states entered the union (ending at Iowa), with Massachusetts as the main downtown street.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love the prospect of the Big 12 or Big 10 for UConn. I would just love to have the last laugh and end up in a better football conference than the ACC defectors. With UConn and Rutgers in either the Big 12 or 10 together the ACC would still not be that large a factor in Northeast.

+1.

Reaction Score
This post on the Kansas board gets my vote: Has the dirty whore next door moved out yet if not what the hell is the delay? I know that it isn't that they are still packing up their trophy case.

No love lost for Misery!

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, where would men's soccer end up if UConn went to the Big12? To my knowledge, that and women's lacrosse and field hockey would be left out in the cold there - it's roughly the same issue that would make the B12 a bit unpleasant for ND.

Granted, such sports mean exactly zero in the financial scheme of things, but it still might suck for them depending on where they land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom