OT: - Checking in on our old friend Mick. | The Boneyard

OT: Checking in on our old friend Mick.

Reaction Score
Currently down 39-31 under 15 vs Long Beach St. (15-19 last year).

How do you think he will do at UCLA in his first year? Will he be able to brave this (pending) storm and last?

Reaction Score
They won, there is little doubt that Cronin & UCLA are the most mismatched pair since Ric Ocasek (RIP) and Paulina Porizckova.
The writer of this article may have swallowed the adjective dictionary before going to press.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They won, there is little doubt that Cronin & UCLA are the most mismatched pair since Ric Ocasek (RIP) and Paulina Porizckova.
That lasted for almost 30 years. Why wouldn't Mick succeed? He's a good coach and has already had success on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
That lasted for almost 30 years. Why wouldn't Mick succeed? He's a good coach and has already had success on the recruiting trail.
It is the same as IF the coach of the 90's physical, defensive minded Knicks suddenly went to the Lakers and tried to run a showtime type system. Coach doesn't fit the town or west coast style of play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is the same as IF the coach of the 90's physical, defensive minded Knicks suddenly went to the Lakers and tried to run a showtime type system. Coach doesn't fit the town or west coast style of play.
You don't know that. That physical defensive-minded coach for the Knicks came from West Coast style of play. It can't work in reverse? Mick coached to his situation in Cincy, I think he'll do the same here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If he gets good players, and he will because of UCLA bucks, and he wins, he'll fit like a non-OJ glove. But March success hasn't exactly been his calling card yet.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I can’t wait for his first epic meltdown and they’re trying to understand just what he’s saying.
Be sure to post the videos. There is something wonderfully entertaining about the man. Not a putdown to his coaching at all. I just really enjoy watching him go ballistic. When the Celts playes four games at the Civic Center a guy I knew got seats behind their bench mainly to watch Heinsohn blow his top.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Be sure to post the videos. There is something wonderfully entertaining about the man. Not a putdown to his coaching at all. I just really enjoy watching him go ballistic. When the Celts playes four games at the Civic Center a guy I knew got seats behind their bench mainly to watch Heinsohn blow his top.

Same. Cronin is highly underrated entertainment.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Moving in Stereo >>> Round of 32 flameouts

Reaction Score
You don't know that. That physical defensive-minded coach for the Knicks came from West Coast style of play. It can't work in reverse? Mick coached to his situation in Cincy, I think he'll do the same here.

Reaction Score
Long Beach State ain't Saint Michaels

Dan Monson (the Gonzaga HC we had trouble with in 1998) is a solid HC and has great assistants. Beating them - on the first time on the floor - is a good victory. Are they as good as ... no - they aren't Providence or Seton Hall. But, most years Dan Monson would beat BC or Rutgers.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm alive. Just busy. Job searching and boyfriend are keeping me occupied

As long as you’re not staying away because your boyfriend thinks the psychopaths on this board might show up at your home at 2am...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom