Check your seismograph

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
1594737935786.gif

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The rumor/speculations I saw had teams from the PAC joining the Big XII to form a west division. WVU would not be needed in the east and would be jettisoned. Their options are very limited and all stink compared to what they're used to.

Reaction Score
The rumor/speculations I saw had teams from the PAC joining the Big XII to form a west division. WVU would not be needed in the east and would be jettisoned. Their options are very limited and all stink compared to what they're used to.

and where did you see this rumor?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Getting this in before it goes Cesspool. UA and ASU have long been rumored to be looking east to align with Big12 vice hanging with all the west coast schools. With the political climates and leadership in Arizona and California being about 180 offset from each other, now would be a time for that to happen.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
and where did you see this rumor?
Somewhere on Twitter I think. When you have your nose in lots of different sources you tend to forget, but fairly sure Twitter. It was an offshoot of a USC discussion.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Getting this in before it goes Cesspool. UA and ASU have long been rumored to be looking east to align with Big12 vice hanging with all the west coast schools. With the political climates and leadership in Arizona and California being about 180 offset from each other, now would be a time for that to happen.
What I saw speculated was the 4 CA school, the 2 AZ schools and then they would need 2 more to form an 8 team west division. Would Colorado go back to the XII? Certainly it's better than being left behind in the remnants of the PAC. If this happened, whatever school are left behind are screwed, kind of like whoever was left after Big East raids.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What I saw speculated was the 4 CA school, the 2 AZ schools and then they would need 2 more to form an 8 team west division. Would Colorado go back to the XII? Certainly it's better than being left behind in the remnants of the PAC. If this happened, whatever school are left behind are screwed, kind of like whoever was left after Big East raids.

Put me on record as suggesting Nike will not allow Pac-12 to get raided and Oregon not having a seat at the table.
Unless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nike is going to fund an independent status for the Ducks.

Reaction Score
Put me on record as suggesting Nike will not allow Pac-12 to get raided and Oregon not having a seat at the table.
Unless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nike is going to fund an independent status for the Ducks.

No tot mention that the B1G is has been very close to the P12 for decades. I think if the XII went after the PAC, the BIG would counter-offer or more likely go after some combination of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Also, while Arizona and AZ St may have interest in TV markets, a significant potion of their student body some from SoCal and I don't see many Texas high school students going to Arizona for college.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
But if the XII & PAC formed an east/west alignment, why would KS, OK & TX want to leave? Doesn't it make it a stable and desirable conference and add more recruiting areas for both sides? The PAC is a mess and I'm not sure Nike can do much to make USC, UCLA, etc stay if they've got a better offer somewhere else. Best Nike can do is try to get Oregon included as one of the additional 2 schools that would be needed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If crap continues to hit the fan and state schools need to reassess I could easily see Cal dropping out of the rat race due to lack of support from state government. UCLA becomes the state's sole P5. Still have USC and Stanford as private schools in the P5.

Reaction Score
And of course UConn is tied to the Big East forever. But then even if we got an offer to join the BIG 10 the hoop boy would whine that they would so much rather play Creighton than Ohio State and Michigan because MSG....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom