Cheated by AAC Tourny | The Boneyard

Cheated by AAC Tourny

Reaction Score
Bought two tickets to AAC tourney. Months ago responding to the mailing sent out. Cost over $700 dollars. The tix came and it turns out the three Thursday games, are General Admission. So when I go to see us on Thursday, I will not have the real good seats promised for the buying the package. Calling both the UCONN BOX OFFICE and the UCADF, has gotten me no-where. I think that UCONN should leave me tickets at the will call, with locations. Never will I buy the package again. I feel they did a bait and switch.

I am not a newbie. Have had season tickets since the Perno days. No wonder the AAC is not a power conference.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bought two tickets to AAC tourney. Months ago responding to the mailing sent out. Cost over $700 dollars. The tix came and it turns out the three Thursday games, are General Admission. So when I go to see us on Thursday, I will not have the real good seats promised for the buying the package. Calling both the UCONN BOX OFFICE and the UCADF, has gotten me no-where. I think that UCONN should leave me tickets at the will call, with locations. Never will I buy the package again. I feel they did a bait and switch.

I am not a newbie. Have had season tickets since the Perno days. No wonder the AAC is not a power conference.

Raf - Ive been a season ticket holder since 1965 (family) and it did say in the material that the conference could make the first day playoff game GA - I think it was a good idea because it brings the fans down to the action. How many years did I sit in MSG for the first Old BE games and there were more fans in the rafters and hardly anyone in the lowers.
Just get there early, bring an extra coat to leave on the seat when you get up and around.
Have fun
I cant attend this year (I am afraid to say I might have picked a good weekend to go away)

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I agree that GA is a lousy way to allot tickets. I also agree that you will be able to get very good seats for Thursday. Hell, if you come in a UConn uniform and sit near the bench you might get 10-15 minutes of playing time. Remember, you must keep all your shot blocks inbounds, keep your feet inbounds while playing, and please don't go 3-15 shooting.

Reaction Score
So I have a ticket in the nosebleed section Thursday. My plan is to come at 2:30PM (an hour before the 3:30PM start) and rush down to seats behind a bench. If someone comes in and had my seat bought before it went to GA, I am assuming that I could sit there because it is GA and I have first dibs. Yes I have no life BTW but I love watching college BB whoever is playing.

Reaction Score
if you just want to get in the door Vividseats.com has ALL session AAC tickets starting at $33.00. Thursday GA seats are $4. I can't blame you for being mad about $700.00. If UConn loses early I'd imagine the tickets will be worth more as bookmarks.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
GA is great idea on Thursday for seeming fact that there would have been little interest from fans if the Huskies were able to achieve the first round bye. And now that it looks like they'll likely be playing thursday so tickets will be cheaper as well. Completely agree however, that if UConn loses (We all hope they don't)... whether it be Thurs, Fri, or Sat... The remaining days of action will be a Ghost-town in Hartford, and tickets will be almost worthless.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The upper level seats will probably be worthless if UConn loses before Saturday. The lower level seats however I am sure would be sellable for at least face value.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I got my tickets for the semifinals and final straight from the xl center website. About $700 for 4 seats in the lower level 3rd row right behind the scorers table. Very reasonable IMO for the prime location.

Reaction Score
I got my tickets for the semifinals and final straight from the xl center website. About $700 for 4 seats in the lower level 3rd row right behind the scorers table. Very reasonable IMO for the prime location.
Maybe. But if UConn isn't playing they won't be worth anything.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
$700 likely buys you two full season tickets at nearly every school in the AAC combined aside from UConn. Yikes.

That being said, I think you'll likely have your pick of courtside seats for a Tulsa USF showdown.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Maybe. But if UConn isn't playing they won't be worth anything.

I am sure some fan of the other teams would buy them at face value, especially seats that close. I would be more worried if they were upper level seats.

Reaction Score
I don´t think they will be worth nothing. As a Uconn fan, if I can not see Uconn win it all, the next best thing would be a Cincy/SMU 40 minute battle and I would love to see that (as a second option). Surely other people are not that bored with non-Uconn basketball. SMU and cincy would be a great March matchup!

Even watching Houston or UCF try to play their way in vs one of those two would be kind of interesting....kind of a lot!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don´t think they will be worth nothing. As a Uconn fan, if I can not see Uconn win it all, the next best thing would be a Cincy/SMU 40 minute battle and I would love to see that (as a second option). Surely other people are not that bored with non-Uconn basketball. SMU and cincy would be a great March matchup!

Even watching Houston or UCF try to play their way in vs one of those two would be kind of interesting....kind of a lot!
Ok, give me $700 and your in the building.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score

I agree. I'm planning on selling the semifinal session tickets and still go to watch the final even if UConn happens to lose in the Friday game. Of course I will be wearing my Husky gear representing! Have to remind them who's house they are in. Hopefully our boys can get it done so we don't need to do the reminding ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom