OT: Cheap shots | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheap shots

Reaction Score
Oh geez pass interference vs Gronk and he was upset? Only Pats fans would come up with that one, that's what I was looking for thanks. Hilarious!!! It's ok that he pushes off 10X a game but when he's frustrated he can haul off and try to take a guys head off?

Next
You have lost all credibility now. Only Gronk pushes off. When everything you post about the Patriots is totally clouded by your hate.

Reaction Score
You have lost all credibility now. Only Gronk pushes off. When everything you post about the Patriots is totally clouded by your hate.

Is this thread about someone else? I thought this was about what Gronk said "I get frustrated with all of the interference" - not sure in any of my posts I said no one else does? This is about the cheap shot that Gronk laid on a defenseless guy no? Help me understand donyell why I would talk about anyone else. Quite honestly since you went there he and Jimmy whats his name for the Seahawks are the 2 worst and I doubt too many would disgree throughout football.

This thread was just to hear the Pats fans defend a cheap shot because I know they would, not all mind you, but so many. I have no football life left so this is fun actually. ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this thread about someone else? I thought this was about what Gronk said "I get frustrated with all of the interference" - not sure in any of my posts I said no one else does? This is about the cheap shot that Gronk laid on a defenseless guy no? Help me understand donyell why I would talk about anyone else. Quite honestly since you went there he and Jimmy whats his name for the Seahawks are the 2 worst and I doubt too many would disgree throughout football.

This thread was just to hear the Pats fans defend a cheap shot because I know they would, not all mind you, but so many. I have no football life left so this is fun actually. ;)

No Pats fans have defended the cheap shot. No Pats players or coaches either. Not even the guy who did it. Literally nobody is defending it. I was shocked, the Bills were shocked. I think Gronk was shocked, let alone his teammates. He's not a guy who has ever done anything like that. It's pretty obvious that he feels terrible about it.

He was suspended, which is a stiffer penalty than most first offenders receive for similar infractions. Why are you trying to manufacture some controversy? There is none. When I mentioned the pass interference, that was a description of what happened. Not an excuse. Go watch the play, it was pretty flagrant pass interference that was uncalled and lead to an interception.

Reaction Score
Gronk' s move was as punkish and as bush league as it gets. Plus very dangerous. Worst part is he studder steps before he launches lining him up. And then goes for head from behind. Ridiculous.

1 game was too light. I think 4 is about right for the egregiousness.

Reaction Score
No Pats fans have defended the cheap shot. No Pats players or coaches either. Not even the guy who did it. Literally nobody is defending it. I was shocked, the Bills were shocked. I think Gronk was shocked, let alone his teammates. He's not a guy who has ever done anything like that. It's pretty obvious that he feels terrible about it.

He was suspended, which is a stiffer penalty than most first offenders receive for similar infractions. Why are you trying to manufacture some controversy? There is none. When I mentioned the pass interference, that was a description of what happened. Not an excuse. Go watch the play, it was pretty flagrant pass interference that was uncalled and lead to an interception.

One's not enough that's all I'm saying. I could care less how many times he's done it or if he said he was sorry. He stood there for a couple seconds and thought about it then drilled his 280lb body with his forearm into the guys head, what's not to understand about this? Sorry it deserved more.

The funny thing is you are still concerned about the pass interference lol, only a Pats fan. "Hey a guy threw a beer at me at the game, so I shot and stabbed him. I'm sorry I was frustrated." - mentality.

Reaction Score
Mau you get yourself in a dizzy about anything Patriots. Only having some fun on this side. Luv ya Mau lol.

Reaction Score
Mau you get yourself in a dizzy about anything Patriots. Only having some fun on this side. Luv ya Mau lol.

That's all I'm having, smiling the whole time. Kind of a retreat from all the negative Husky talk prior to the Cuse.

I mean Quinnipiac just beat Columbia, I may not even watch tonight now that I know that. May just tune into NESN to watch Pats and Sox highlights.:D

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
One's not enough that's all I'm saying. I could care less how many times he's done it or if he said he was sorry. He stood there for a couple seconds and thought about it then drilled his 280lb body with his forearm into the guys head, what's not to understand about this? Sorry it deserved more.

The funny thing is you are still concerned about the pass interference lol, only a Pats fan. "Hey a guy threw a beer at me at the game, so I shot and stabbed him. I'm sorry I was frustrated." - mentality.

Other players with similar infractions have mostly been fined, and had no suspension. If 1 game is too light, then the league should change its approach. But I don't think so. You just want a longer suspension because it's the Patriots. This was not worse than what lots of other players have done.

I'm not concerned about the pass interference except by way of explanation for why he snapped. It's what happened. It's the objective truth. As I said, not an excuse.

Reaction Score
Other players with similar infractions have mostly been fined, and had no suspension. If 1 game is too light, then the league should change its approach. But I don't think so. You just want a longer suspension because it's the Patriots. This was not worse than what lots of other players have done.

I'm not concerned about the pass interference except by way of explanation for why he snapped. It's what happened. It's the objective truth. As I said, not an excuse.

Lets see what you deem "similar" then we can talk. For now you can see even a Pat fan like GOUC feels he got off easy, many do but it's ok to think 1 is fine, I'm good with that. A fine would be downright ridiculous honestly for intentionally trying to injure someone in a no football related act.

There's pass interference every play so again, not related to his act no reason to bring it up.

Reaction Score
Lets see what you deem "similar" then we can talk. For now you can see even a Pat fan like GOUC feels he got off easy, many do but it's ok to think 1 is fine, I'm good with that. A fine would be downright ridiculous honestly for intentionally trying to injure someone in a no football related act.

There's pass interference every play so again, not related to his act no reason to bring it up.

To be fair I am a Dolphins fan...kill me now. I wish I was a NE fan.

But I always liked Gronk and respect the Pats. Best dynasty of my lifetime.

But what he did was beyond your normal heat of the moment (usually provoked) bush league sort of act. It was real bad on alot of levels.....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Danny Trevatham got a game for this.

Reaction Score
Danny Trevatham got a game for this.

That was a cheap shot in a game making a play.

Difference here is the guy was laying on the ground defenseless with the play already well over.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Please, in game vs so obvious dead ball out of bounds?But still you say Gronk should only be fined?

I'm ok with the one game. I expected a fine. They do take into account player history.

Reaction Score
I thought Gronk's hit was much more egregious than Juju Smith-Schuster's last night. They received the same punishment. One is an in-game blindside hit on a guy clearly still in the play. The other, not so much.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh geez pass interference vs Gronk and he was upset? Only Pats fans would come up with that one, that's what I was looking for thanks. Hilarious!!! It's ok that he pushes off 10X a game but when he's frustrated he can haul off and try to take a guys head off?

Next

I'm fine with a suspension, no place for that stuff at all, regardless of what came before, but Gronk's the most fouled guy I've ever seen on a play by play basis. That play alone, he got held after five yards, then a jersey pull slowing momentum, then a clear shove out of the way. Three flags could have been thrown. Of course he pushes off, because when guys are holding you, you've got no choice. And he gets called when he doesn't even do anything (happened this game) because defenders just fall when they contact him.

It is exactly like watching Shaq play basketball. If you called every foul, there'd be no game, so you have the 'Shaq Rules'.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought Gronk's hit was much more egregious than Juju Smith-Schuster's last night. They received the same punishment. One is an in-game blindside hit on a guy clearly still in the play. The other, not so much.

This only got one game, so that's the standard:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom