Cheap Auburn / Houston tickets | The Boneyard

Cheap Auburn / Houston tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
conveniently saw this mere moments after i was informed that i would have friday off from work!

about to buy a grip of tickets.

Reaction Score
Anybody else get annoyed that they tack on $2.00 to send the tickets to your phone or email? I wish they would just build that into the price instead of adding it on at the end. In what world does it cost $2 to have an automated email sent?

I love that I pay full boat price for these games as a season ticket holder and as a reward I see the games flooded onto the ticket market at bargain basement prices.

Reaction Score
I love that I pay full boat price for these games as a season ticket holder and as a reward I see the games flooded onto the ticket market at bargain basement prices.
I hear you. As a football season ticket holder that happens all the time. I'd rather see more butts in seats though than worry about what others had to pay to get in.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Seems inverted

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
AAC! AAC! AAC!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
AAC! AAC! AAC!
Yeah sure AAC sucks and doesn't help things at all, but people seem to forget that attendance started becoming a problem in the waning days of the Big East. I went to plenty of games because of dirt cheap last minute ticket sales for WVU, ND, USF, SJU, Gtown just to name a few.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yeah sure AAC sucks and doesn't help things at all, but people seem to forget that attendance started becoming a problem in the waning days of the Big East. I went to plenty of games because of dirt cheap last minute ticket sales for WVU, ND, USF, SJU, Gtown just to name a few.
Our last year in the Big East was pretty dissapointing, so I can see how that would affect people's expectations. But those early games that season were all sold out.

Those waning days of the big east were declining, but nothing like we see now.

Reaction Score
need to get the asses in the seats.

at least give me a voucher for free popcorn and a soda. They should slip a booklet of treat coupons into the season ticket package - popcorn, pretzels, hot dog, soda, nachos...mix it up and keep it interesting.

Reaction Score
Our last year in the Big East was pretty dissapointing, so I can see how that would affect people's expectations. But those early games that season were all sold out.

Those waning days of the big east were declining, but nothing like we see now.

Something called being banned from postseason play. Some people decided to stay home unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Maybe someone can help me.. How did you get the alerts for these promo codes?

Reaction Score
Maybe someone can help me.. How did you get the alerts for these promo codes?
Follow all the UConn sports teams on Twitter. Sign up for UConn athletics email alerts. Frequent the boneyard...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There's a solution to that: Start winning consistently. That and the opponents in the AAC don't inspire people like playing Cuse, Georgetown and Nova did. I wish we'd go back to the Big East and Independent for football. As another poster said, we need to fill seats anyway we can. Recruits don't care how much people paid for seats but do care about peeling roofs and empty venues. I really wanted to go to the Auburn game to see Mustafa Heron but will go to the Houston game.

Reaction Score
People do realize we struggled at times to sell tickets when we were in the big east right? If your winning people will come no matter what.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree, we season ticket holders should be po'd paying full boat and these things happen
I have now packaged myself down to only Gampel seats - got sick and tired of being pushed up and up at the Civic Center - family season tickets since 1965
BUT I hate sitting in an arena that is 1/2 full - feels like every game at the RENT

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You aren't supposed to notice....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's almost as if a decade of poor ticket policies have had a lasting impact on attendance. Who could have guessed.

Reaction Score
There's a solution to that: Start winning consistently. That and the opponents in the AAC don't inspire people like playing Cuse, Georgetown and Nova did. I wish we'd go back to the Big East and Independent for football. As another poster said, we need to fill seats anyway we can. Recruits don't care how much people paid for seats but do care about peeling roofs and empty venues. I really wanted to go to the Auburn game to see Mustafa Heron but will go to the Houston game.
I am sure Creighton, Butler, Marquette, DePaul, etc, are gonna pack the building. I can't wait.

Reaction Score

I hear ya.
That's one of the reasons why we stopped buying FB season tix and now just buy the single game tix if/when they're on special.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Something called being banned from postseason play. Some people decided to stay home unfortunately.
Such a shame. I went to almost every game that year. Team was so much fun to watch and they had great games. Couldn't believe we didn't sell out the Cuse game.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's almost as if a decade of poor ticket policies have had a lasting impact on attendance. Who could have guessed.

To be fair, this probably has as much to do with the start times, as anything else. Weekday afternoon tipoffs drive many away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom