Chat vs. Game thread | The Boneyard

Chat vs. Game thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's your preference?

Why?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I like game thread. Feel like people have more of a reason for insight when they give it. Many in the chat are just spewing a lot of nothing in my personal opinion.

It's very easy to just mindlessly post things in the chat, whereas people when they post in the game thread usually are bringing some sort of thoughtful insight.

Just my two cents.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I like game thread. Feel like people have more of a reason for insight when they give it. Many in the chat are just spewing a lot of nothing in my personal opinion.

It's very easy to just mindlessly post things in the chat, whereas people when they post in the game thread usually are bringing some sort of thoughtful insight.

Just my two cents.
I agree somewhat, However, in chat I am sure you can comment on a play that just happened. Normally in a thread, you are in a huge delay.

Reaction Score
Neither. Maybe I'll check into threads/chats during commercials on occasion but I'd rather stay invested in the game as much as possible than other's hot takes.

Reaction Score
I think an official halftime thoughts thread would be cool.

A nice time to post a rant, a frustration, a thought on strategy, or a crotch grab type of taunt without missing any of the game.

Reaction Score
Can't chat and watch the game. Threads are still hard but I can post something about three plays ago and that moment isn't long gone in thread time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd have to say the threads because keeping up with the chats can sometimes be mildly distracting from the game.

Chat takes way too much focus. And you often miss the few things that are good.

Game thread I can go to on commercials and catch up.

In game I just watch. That's the whole point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Used to love the chat but it has turned into a complaint fest by the usual suspects
The game thread is a pain but it attracts a better cross section of contributors

Reaction Score
Chat collects instantaneous response vs some after-the-fact quasi-thought. For the math inclined, that's a derivative vs average. Can always read the post mortem later, but they don't explain a bizarro play in situ. Nothing like a little instantaneous 'froth' if you're not at the game to flavor the proceedings.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Most people have it right: Thread is better overall quality, but that delay'll getcha!

Sometimes I go to post a thought and it's useless by the time I write it PLUS I've spoiled the next 3 plays for myself.

For just quick, nonsense, angered reaction, the chat is great, but really not much else.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The only downside of the threads is that huskymagic keeps starting them and it kills me having to take him off ignore.

Outstanding

But, only chat could have yielded, "Fort the ead."

Reaction Score
THE chat is not compatible with iPhone so game thread for me. Chat is pretty distracting anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom