Chat Room? | The Boneyard

Chat Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Will we have one going tonight? How do you get in?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Arrow in a gray box bottom right. Click on it and then click on the box that says Chatrooms and click on active chat.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
click on the "Chatrooms" button on bottom right , then select the "@USF" room for tonight. It will open up. Click on "Options" and click on box to keep the window open. When done, click this off.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
There is always a chat on a game day. People usually show up right around the start of the game. I've never understood the Game Thread that happens during the game when the chat is right there. I guess for people on smartphones and pads??? Also shocked that for the womens game they would rather have a hundred thead post instead of using the chat room.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I can't get to the chat on my iPad. How many people are in for a game?

There is always a chat on a game day. People usually show up right around the start of the game. I've never understood the Game Thread that happens during the game when the chat is right there. I guess for people on smartphones and pads??? Also shocked that for the womens game they would rather have a hundred thead post instead of using the chat room.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
there was 30+ users in on it today, prob 15 were talking alot 15 following

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I can't get to the chat on my iPad. How many people are in for a game?

Tom, Trest posted and broke the chatroom. It is tiny and has some problems. Any chance for a redo?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The chat room broke quite a few times tonight.

It's gotta be bigger - we're old people and we don't see well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Tom, Trest posted and broke the chatroom. It is tiny and has some problems. Any chance for a redo?

Trest is tiny and has problems?

You can make the chat larger by hitting ctrl and + until it is the size you want.

There are various skins I can install, if needed. Right now, I think it is the facebook skin.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Trest is tiny and has problems?

You can make the chat larger by hitting ctrl and + until it is the size you want.

There are various skins I can install, if needed. Right now, I think it is the facebook skin.

part way through the game, the chatroom got stuck and no longer showed the current entries. Trest's post had a number in it, so it probably exceeded the anticipated IQ of people chatting. I closed it and re-opened and it worked again, but that took like 12 seconds of lost chat time. I'm probably slightly smarter for that, but it distracted me from the game. Trest's size, well that between you and him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Also shocked that for the womens game they would rather have a hundred thead post instead of using the chat room.
There are people that like to go back and reread the thread several times so they can weed out any real or perceived insults to Geno, our players, the opponents players, or the fans. Then they can screech and yell names at people they think are rude.

Reaction Score
There are people that like to go back and reread the thread several times so they can weed out any real or perceived insult to Geno, our players, the opponents players, or the fans. Then they can screech and yell names at people they think are rude.
We do that in chat too. We just don't double check to see if we are insulting the correct people. We are all inclusive, equal opportunity insulters.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
part way through the game, the chatroom got stuck and no longer showed the current entries. Trest's post had a number in it, so it probably exceeded the anticipated IQ of people chatting. I closed it and re-opened and it worked again, but that took like 12 seconds of lost chat time. I'm probably slightly smarter for that, but it distracted me from the game. Trest's size, well that between you and him.

I picked the top two scripts, and installed one on Syracusefan.com, and one on the 'yard. It's been a couple of months and there doesn't seem to be one that is without it's drawbacks.

I am open to making a change. But I am not convinced a change would be for the better.

If anyone knows of a better script, please let me know.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chatroom was great last night thanks to DogMania typing "epe" instead of "wow" because his fingers were off-shifted on the keyboard.

We ran that in to the ground and then some. Almost every play, good or bad, had someone (including myself) typing "epe".

He did it towards the beginning of the game and some people didn't catch on until the last two minutes.

It was good stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are people that like to go back and reread the thread several times so they can weed out any real or perceived insult to Geno, our players, the opponents players, or the fans. Then they can screech and yell names at people they think are rude.
Watch it, Nan! "They" are not above coming to the men's board and pulling your post right there and raising the flag against you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The chat was fun, it is like we went back to "Nuzzi's Chat"days for one night. Complete with the 2011 version of "Fort the Ead" : epe !!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tom, I think the one on the SU site is better.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I picked the top two scripts, and installed one on Syracusefan.com, and one on the 'yard. It's been a couple of months and there doesn't seem to be one that is without it's drawbacks.

I am open to making a change. But I am not convinced a change would be for the better.

If anyone knows of a better script, please let me know.

The Syracuse chat is preferable. The 'pop out' chat actually pops out. The one here, at least for me, doesn't pop out or do anything other than sit there. (Mac, Windows, Chrome, Safari...doesn't matter, so I suspect the problem is not on my end.)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the one thing i dont like is if i want to check the main page oof the BY during the game for new threads, the chat has to reset and i have to go back in....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
the one thing i dont like is if i want to check the main page oof the BY during the game for new threads, the chat has to reset and i have to go back in....

Just open two tabs - keep the chat in one and then surf the board with the other.

Or do what I do and open three tabs so you can also surf goat .

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Just open two tabs - keep the chat in one and then surf the board with the other.

Or do what I do and open three tabs so you can also surf goat .
I thought I was the only one

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I wish you were the only one. The thought of two is maddening.
Here I thought that given the existence of two incarnations of such a person, you would be the third. I thought I finally had your signature figured out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here I thought that given the existence of two incarnations of such a person, you would be the third. I thought I finally had your signature figured out.
I'm not into goats, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul