Chasing pro football dream, former UConn QB David Pindell works out for NFL teams at multiple positions (Putterman) | The Boneyard

Chasing pro football dream, former UConn QB David Pindell works out for NFL teams at multiple positions (Putterman)

Reaction Score
Chasing pro football dream, former UConn QB David Pindell works out for NFL teams at multiple positions

>>Coming off a season that saw him pass for nearly 2,000 yards and run for more than 1,000 more, Pindell has a fair shot to extend his football career. He has already worked out privately at quarterback and receiver for the Tennessee Titans, who liked his speed and his throwing mechanics, and at quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens, who already have speedy signal-callers in Lamar Jackson and Robert Griffin III. The Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints have also reached out to his agent, he said, and could host him for a workout before the NFL Draft begins on April 25.<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I like seeing him being able to realize that he might need to be open to switching positions if he wants to play at the next level. Often we see college players who refuse to do that.

I think he'll find a place somewhere if he's willing to take on a role a team needs him to fill.

Reaction Score
David Pindell: Los Angeles Rams Can Mobilize For The Future - Last Word on Pro Football

The Rams want versatility.

“UConn‘s David Pindell is one capable and mobile quarterback that is not expected to be drafted at all. For the Rams to swoop in and scoop him up as a seventh-rounder could be advantageous. He’s already being asked by NFL teams to consider changing positions to wide receiver. This soon-to-be triple-threat entity is currently – and is currently (and impressively) honing those skills. But it seems a bit premature to dismiss him completely under center or not give him ample opportunities to play multiple positions. He’s extremely coachable and pleasantly humble, fitting the Rams We Not Me way of doing things.
Pindell has flown under most experts’ radar but I don’t doubt he’ll get his chance to fly high. In fact, the Baltimore Ravens and Tennessee Titans have noticed him enough to host private workouts. The Ravens, who currently have two dual-threat quarterbacks on their roster, are likely to give him more of a look at wide receiver. But after watching his highlight videos, you tell me. Which team do you feel Pindell immediately becomes the most dangerous on?
Of course, an improving Jared Goff could play most of 2019 like he played his two best games in 2018. In which case, I’m sure Pindell could easily be happy on the receiving end of several touchdown passes.”

Reaction Score
He will be on someones practice squad at a minimum. He will hone his skills as a slot receiver or be an emergency QB for a team like the Ravens with a dual threat system.

Reaction Score
Chasing pro football dream, former UConn QB David Pindell works out for NFL teams at multiple positions

>>Coming off a season that saw him pass for nearly 2,000 yards and run for more than 1,000 more, Pindell has a fair shot to extend his football career. He has already worked out privately at quarterback and receiver for the Tennessee Titans, who liked his speed and his throwing mechanics, and at quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens, who already have speedy signal-callers in Lamar Jackson and Robert Griffin III. The Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints have also reached out to his agent, he said, and could host him for a workout before the NFL Draft begins on April 25.<<

Surprised that team likes his throwing mechanics, thought he floated the ball too much.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think Pindell is an awesome team player and he basically carried our team all year. With that being said, I don't see how he'll cut it. Definitely won't be a QB at the next level--I think that much is obvious to folks who watched many UConn games last year. The possibility of his move to WR is intriguing, but I wonder how well a converted QB who runs a 4.5+ will set himself apart from other WRs in an NFL camp? He will be behind the eight ball from a fundamentals standpoint and won't have the top line speed to be worthy of a flyer. Maybe his three cone drill numbers are off the charts, but I just think it'll be a long shot. He'd probably have a shot to make decent money in the CFL at QB.

Reaction Score
I think Pindell is an awesome team player and he basically carried our team all year. With that being said, I don't see how he'll cut it. Definitely won't be a QB at the next level--I think that much is obvious to folks who watched many UConn games last year. The possibility of his move to WR is intriguing, but I wonder how well a converted QB who runs a 4.5+ will set himself apart from other WRs in an NFL camp? He will be behind the eight ball from a fundamentals standpoint and won't have the top line speed to be worthy of a flyer. Maybe his three cone drill numbers are off the charts, but I just think it'll be a long shot. He'd probably have a shot to make decent money in the CFL at QB.
look at edelman. he's a converted QB, ran a 4.5 out of college, and seems to have had moderate success as a slot receiver. certainly isn't a guarantee of success, but certainly seems more realistic that you suggest.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t underestimate the NFL’s ability to see what many of us (or our coaches) couldn’t. Tim Boyle is an example, but in this recent version of the NFL Kyler Murray type QB’s are now more in vogue. Pindell’s a great kid and if they say he’s humble and coachable who knows, Perhaps he can be coached up by a QB guru in some team’s camp—or if not, convert to a slot receiver. Whichever way his fortunes turn out I wish him well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom