Charlton's "Vision" for Cale Millen | The Boneyard

Charlton's "Vision" for Cale Millen

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

I don't get it. If the shoulder is injured and he isn't healthy enough to throw passes, then he isn't healthy enough to be taking hits to the upper body running the ball.

I would hope (Dare I say assume) Mora goes over the previous game's film with Charlton to see what worked, what didn't and what is the path going forward. This whole bring Cale in to option read for him to run is almost Diaco-level or GDL-level insanity. Almost. For now. Two more games of doing the same thing and it is worthy of being put on the same pedestal as Diaco and GDL.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I totally agree. It was frustrating to see him out there when the entire viewing audience knew that he was going to run. No point in risking additional injury for a play destined to fail.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I totally agree. It was frustrating to see him out there when the entire viewing audience knew that he was going to run. No point in risking additional injury for a play destined to fail.

It's not just that one play (which by the way in the midst of a 10 minute nap and never saw that play).

For the season he has nine rushes for 30 yards. Long run was for 23 yards. That means seven yards on eight carries for the rest of his rushes. It isn't like this is some sort of wildcat where he is making defenses think and try to catch him. He just catches the snap and runs.

Nine rushes, seven pass attempts for the season.

Reaction Score
It's not just that one play (which by the way in the midst of a 10 minute nap and never saw that play).

For the season he has nine rushes for 30 yards. Long run was for 23 yards. That means seven yards on eight carries for the rest of his rushes. It isn't like this is some sort of wildcat where he is making defenses think and try to catch him. He just catches the snap and runs.

Nine rushes, seven pass attempts for the season.
Agree. Very frustrating. I like to be positive, but what do you think was the least aesthetically pleasing play of the game? My choices:
1. Millen play listed above
2. Reverse where the timing was so off it looked like we had never practiced it
3. TD on 3rd and Goal from the 10 or 11 to make it 52-0 when Michigan tried to take it easy on us by running up the middle and we still couldn’t stop it
All votes are welcome!

Reaction Score
Agree. Very frustrating. I like to be positive, but what do you think was the least aesthetically pleasing play of the game? My choices:
1. Millen play listed above
2. Reverse where the timing was so off it looked like we had never practiced it
3. TD on 3rd and Goal from the 10 or 11 to make it 52-0 when Michigan tried to take it easy on us by running up the middle and we still couldn’t stop it
All votes are welcome!
My choice is the handoff from Turner to Rosa that resulted in a fumble. Rosa was struggling to get back to the ball but had players on top of his legs. That one had me screaming.

Reaction Score
Don't mind Millen getting some snaps. It will bring him up to game speed faster.

Hell, with our passing game, he'll never have to throw the ball more than a yard or two. Even his bad shoulder should be able to handle that.

Reaction Score
Have to believe Charlton was given the keys to the offensive! Have to wonder with the play calling to date wether he is up for the task. Special teams have been a let down as well. My guess is unless remarkably turn around staff will be a work in progress.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Michigan paraded 6 QB’s (or was it 7?).
3 of our 4 are hurt, 1 for the season. Millen needs to get snaps even if the other team knows it’s a wildcat run.
Didn’t we have an open tryout for walk-ons a little while ago? How did that go.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't mind Millen getting snaps but need to let him throw once in a while.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Michigan paraded 6 QB’s (or was it 7?).
3 of our 4 are hurt, 1 for the season. Millen needs to get snaps even if the other team knows it’s a wildcat run.
Didn’t we have an open tryout for walk-ons a little while ago? How did that go.

I guess that explains why they did so well. They always had a fresh quarterback.

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I want to know Charlton's vision for the offense because what I've seen this year is no different than the same garbage we've seen the past few seasons. I don't care that we are playing a true frosh QB and we've lost our top two WR. That affects production but it shouldn't effect play calling by Game 3. I haven't seen a single offense scheme that makes.me think Charlton is anything better or different than what we've had already.

Of all the things I'm disappointed by this season, and there isn't tons because I didn't have high expectations, it's been Charlton.

Reaction Score
Millen hasn’t looked comfortable IMO. Maybe after a few series he could settle in.

Reaction Score
I apologize for my ignorance and/or bad memory. When did we lose to Maine? I can’t remember.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I guess that explains why they did so well. They always had a fresh quarterback.

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF
nice snark. Point is we need bodies. We’re deep as a puddle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
nice snark. Point is we need bodies. We’re deep as a puddle.
Snarky? Me?

I don’t disagree with your point about our depth, but I don’t think it’s going to change all that much this year.

Reaction Score
One of the plays was a triple option out of the full house formation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the triple option out of the gun is a contingency plan in case Turner goes down and no one but Millen is available, and he still can't really throw. Might as well get a few game reps in.

Reaction Score
If I have another healthy quarterback, I’m sending him in if we go 3 and out for the first 3 series. Heck I might send in a d back 2ho played quarterback in high school.

Our receivers might not be great, but Clercius has been open. Turner was open at least once deeper than 3 yards downfield field. 17 yards passing wouldn’t even be acceptable at Army or Navy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
One of the plays was a triple option out of the full house formation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the triple option out of the gun is a contingency plan in case Turner goes down and no one but Millen is available, and he still can't really throw. Might as well get a few game reps in.
That will get @Guapo back posting on this board ;)

Reaction Score

Ballard had 221 yards passing the week before in an OT loss to UT-San Antonio. So they CAN pass, but prefer not to. My dad was a West Point grad, so I follow Army a bit. I can't remember the last time they threw for over 200 yards in a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom