• Big Ten (6)
  • Big 12 (6)
  • Pac-12 (3)
  • Atlantic 10 (3)
  • American (3)
  • Big East (2)
  • MAAC (2)
  • West Coast (1)
SEC: I'm not too sure either KY or GA belong in the field at all, but I sure wouldn't include both - SEC should only get 7
ACC: Pending the ACC tourney, I'd leave this at 7
Big Ten: I really only think 5 have really earned their way in, but will give MI the benefit of the doubt - 6
Big 12: I don't think either TCU or IA State deserve (right now) to be in the field, and I am a IA state fan from way back. Should only be 5.
PAC 12: I would actually increase the bids for them to at least 4. 5 seems a stretch
Atlantic 10: The first two are no doubt (Dayton and the Bonnies). I don't know much about Fordham, so I'll defer on this one and leave at 3.
American: The first two are no brainers. Rutger's is probably in barring a disasterous end of season. SF would have to win all of their remaining games (excepting UCONN or Louisville) to get in and bring it to 4.
Big East: I think they are presently a much worse league than the AAC and should really only get one, but will probably be awarded 2.
MAAC: Both of the two have played their way in.
West Coast: I think they're a stronger conference and should get 2.
INTERESTED IN WHAT OTHERS THINK OF RELATIVE CONFERENCE STRENGTH AND CREME'S PRESENT ALLOCATION.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ACC: Locks are ND, Duke, MD, NC State, UNC. and Syracuse. FSU and GaTech are the two that need to do some work to get in. I think a 9-7 conference record will get you a bid to the NCAAs... maybe 8-8. GaTech is 6-5 with home games vs UVA, MD, and BC. Away @ ND and FSU. FSU is at 4-6. Away @ Cuse, MD and Clemson. Home vs UVA, Miami and GaTech.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The West Coast is an interesting conference with the top end (5 deep) all pretty respectable - headed by Gonzaga which is a lock, but St. Mary's, San Diego, and BYU are all pretty good and even Pacific has played teams tough. I think they would all give the bottom end of the at large bids from the SEC and Big10 a hard time and might surprise the bottom end of the ACC and Pac as well.
They might be deeper than either the BE or the American at this point.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How many former Big East teams?

The ghost of the Big East still lingers.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Georgia has a tough remaining schedule and can easily go 2-4 or 3-3 and end up with 10/11 losses before the SEC tournament. If that happens they'll need to win two SEC tournament games to get into the tournament. Georgia doesn't have any signature wins this year, unless you want to count the win against an unranked Florida team.

Kentucky also has a tough schedule, but I look for them to go 4-2 or 3-3 to finish with 8/9 losses. If that happens, I think they're in the tournament no matter what happens in the SEC tournament. The Louisville and Baylor wins are huge and gets them into the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom