2019 Recruiting: Charles Coleman

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Kemba'sYogurt, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

Didn’t see an open thread

Seems to be a priority recruit

2. upstater

upstater

He must notice we have no big man over 6'8"

3. Vuce

Vuce

I saw him sitting behind the bench with what I believe was his coach and right next to him was Taliek Brown. When Ollie came out before the game he went right over and hugged Coleman and his coach. Every assistant did too. There is definitely a relationship between the coaches and Coleman

Ricker, HuskyLax, Horatio and 5 others like this.
  4. nomar

nomar

I don't follow recruiting super closely but this kid seems to be on campus constantly.

He *should* be a priority.

5. Chief00

Chief00

Taliek has really helped on some of these NYC guys - even Diallo who we missed on.

Ricker, uconnell and mauconnfan like this.
  6. dennismenace

dennismenace ONE MORE CAST

Verbal Commits

Makes a ton of 3 pointers (some NBA range) then blocks a ton of shots and finishes it up with a number of nice post moves scoring with either hand. Looks like quite a prospect. Also, at 7 foot he looks like more than 220lbs.

7. elmcityboy

elmcityboy

Stood in line behind this guy getting popcorn the other night, and wondered who it was. He's definitely huge.

dennismenace likes this.
  8. boog204

boog204

the stretch 5... eventually basketball will just be 5 guys standing around the 3 point line either shooting 3's or making quick cuts for lobs.

9. Kemba'sYogurt

Kemba'sYogurt

10. WinnersCircle

WinnersCircle

This guy looks like a must get player for us. Would love to lock him up soon.

11. KSC94

KSC94

I don't have access to the article itself, but there might be something to this whole "Louisville just recruits everyone we recruit" theory

12. tcf15

tcf15

“Louisville is very intriguing for Charles,” Wright-Easy said. “He would be super interested in Louisville if they seriously recruit him. What makes Louisville so appealing is that David Padgett played the same position and could help Charles develop. It’s an interesting situation for Louisville, but at the end of the day it’s Louisville and a big-time program.”

Coleman, a 247Sports three-star prospect, is rated the No. 28 center in his class. He’s a skilled, 225-pound center, who can face up and shoot, pick and pop and also possesses solid moves in the low-post.

Wright-Easy said UConn is ‘heavily’ in the mix with Coleman. He also said Coleman plans to visit UNLV. Coleman made a visit to Boston College last week.

13. elmcityboy

elmcityboy

why would louisville be interested? they already have steve enoch locking it down :rolleyes:

14. Candyman34

Candyman34

A few questions?
    • Why is he only a 3 star prospect? Not knocking just asking and yes I know rankings don't mean much this early.
    • Isn't Louisville going to be eventually sanctioned? I mean just cause you fire Pitino doesn't let the program off the hook.

15. HooperScooper

HooperScooper

I had the same question. 7 footers "who can face up and shoot, pick and pop and also possesses solid moves in the low-post" aren't typically 3 star recruits.

UConNation, DonaldDraper and Ricker like this.
  16. jazyj

jazyj

Keep him a 3* and under the radar, don’t want anybody else getting involved if Louisville is already sniffing around

dennismenace, Ricker and DonaldDraper like this.
  17. tcf15

tcf15

18. DonaldDraper

DonaldDraper

Totally agree with this and every other post on here. I figured most P5 schools would throw an offer at any 7 footer that wouldn’t trip on his way to sign his LoI.

His list has a bunch of below average programs on it. I’m guessing that will change.

jazyj likes this.
  19. SticksIn2032

SticksIn2032

We need a real 7 footer, so let’s keep it going full throttle. Let’s start calling him “Chaz” too, because everyone needs a fun, ironic college nickname.

Plus, quality 4 year players at 7 feet are essential IMO. We’ve been able to play a certain brand of defense due to our shotblocking abilities that’s hard to recreate without that help, and offensively he should create shooting space, rebound, and be able to pick & pop. Based on the description, he’d be a strong addition, and more than anything I like the signs of loyalty.

20. upstater

upstater

7-footers who can shoot from outside are almost never 4 year players these days. The last one was probably Roy Hibbert, but why wouldn't you take a chance on drafting a 7 footer who can go outside?

jazyj and dennismenace like this.
  21. dennismenace

dennismenace ONE MORE CAST

Have to agree with that one. Video is hard to believe almost. Not only shooting 3's, shot blocking and finishing with either hand but doing it so smoothly. How many HS kids do you see like that?

upstater and Ricker like this.
  22. TopDogs

TopDogs

Frank Kaminsky out of Wisconsin was a 4-year college player who was taken in the lottery. Though I'm not sure he's quite 7 feet.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:58 AM
  23. upstater

upstater

Good point--but I see Coleman as a center, not a PF like Kaminsky.

Also, Kaminsky gave up bing a lottery pick as a junior. He was going to get picked high. He is a rarity in that he came back for his last year of college when he didn't need to.

24. Huskyforlife

Huskyforlife Best poster

Nobody thought kaminsky was lottery pick until after his final four run his senior year. I’m also pretty sure he was a center in college, and has moved to PF in the nba.

25. upstater

upstater

First team all B1G, Most Valuable Player of the Regional, scored 28 points and 11 rebounds against Arizona en route to the F4.

He already had the big rep and was a sensation his junior year--it was the better year for the team as well. The team UConn didn't want to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.