Chapman a Yankee? | The Boneyard

Chapman a Yankee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure for what minor leaguers but looks like the Yanks will have another fireballer in the 'pen. I would guess Miller is already somewhat thought out for a starter along with Gardner or a hitter?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Reds' haul is as follows: Rookie Davis (AA SP), Eric Jagielo (AA 3B and former 1st rounder), Tony Renda (AA 2B), and Caleb Cotham who saw a cup of coffee in the bigs as a reliever this summer.

Reaction Score
The Reds' haul is as follows: Rookie Davis (AA SP), Eric Jagielo (AA 3B and former 1st rounder), Tony Renda (AA 2B), and Caleb Cotham who saw a cup of coffee in the bigs as a reliever this summer.

Thanks I thought Jagielo may see the ML's in a couple years but overall a nice trade for the Yanks and I am sure the Reds like a couple of these guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks I thought Jagielo may see the ML's in a couple years but overall a nice trade for the Yanks and I am sure the Reds like a couple of these guys.

Reds' rotation is a mess, so I think that they probably see Davis as the prize of the deal. Jagielo is also a potential long-term replacement for Todd Frazier at 3B - Eugenio Suarez may be penciled in there right this second, but as soon as they trade Brandon Phillips then he will shift back over to 2B and there will be a pretty substantial hole at 3rd.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Rookie Davis is probably the guy with the biggest upside in the package. But overall, the Yankees gave up much less for Chapman than the Sox did for Kimbrel. Granted, there are other factors (Chapman has 1 year of arb left then a free agent, ongoing MLB investigation, etc), but a nice trade for the Yankees. They now have the best bullpen in baseball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Yankees pen is downright terrifying.

Might want to think about some starting pitching, though...

Reaction Score
Just a reminder the Yankees got him for a heaping pile of meh because he allegedly choked his girlfriend and mother of his child and then admitted firing 8 shots while in his garage.

Every other GM and team outside of Cashman and the Yankees wanted nothing to do with him and the Reds were trying to give him away.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a reminder the Yankees got him for a heaping pile of meh because he allegedly choked his girlfriend and mother of his child and then admitted firing 8 shots while in his garage.

Every other GM and team outside of Cashman and the Yankees wanted nothing to do with him and the Reds were trying to give him away.
The police found insufficient evidence to charge him so who knows what really happened. Excellent pick up, that bullpen is scary.

Reaction Score
The police found insufficient evidence to charge him so who knows what really happened. Excellent pick up, that bullpen is scary.

Now it is scarier for the women of the Bronx

Reaction Score
http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/08/aroldis-chapman-domestic-violence-photos/

Looks to me like the cops just wanted to take pictures of her cleavage and who's to blame them? He screwed up by getting mad she stole his phone to see who else he was banging. Not the first time in a relationship in the USA but if he hit her at all unacceptable. Would seem they have nothing on him other than the stupidity of blowing off steam with a gun while hammered. Now that's downright stupid but doesn't look anything like Greg Hardy. We'll see as hitting women or repeating these type of events unacceptable.

But all I want is strike outs :eek:;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yankees pen is downright terrifying.

Might want to think about some starting pitching, though...

They have the guys to go 6 innings a night.

Tanaka
Eovaldi
Pineda
Severino and...
CC

And this is 1 1/2 months before pitchers and catchers report. The SPs are not a huge issue with that 'pen. 6 innings and see ya!!!

Reaction Score
They have the guys to go 6 innings a night.

Tanaka
Eovaldi
Pineda
Severino and...
CC

And this is 1 1/2 months before pitchers and catchers report. The SPs are not a huge issue with that 'pen. 6 innings and see ya!!!

Ugghh - you kidding me Dove? Pineda was awful late and Nova not much better. Tanaka is what he will be a solid starter, maybe a 2. Severino can be really good but we don't know how good yet. Eovaldi can't do any better than last year if the 4 plus ERA 's continue and CC - he'll be sober and skinny which will result in worthless. They need pitching - Miller and Gardner being packaged as we speak. Could use some hitting too as ARod and Tex were both coming back to planet earth. Not sure what they're thinking. Maybe Hicks will be a .300/25/100 guy? :eek:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Andrew McCutchen is grateful Chapman is out of the NLC.

The Reds M.O. with Chapman has long been to wait until he enters the game for retaliation for any Reds batters that got HBP. And Chapman will throw at your head.

But he is hittable if batters stay back and go oppo. And lay off the slider. Chapman is certainly capable of walking a couple of guys per appearance if batters just let him do so.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ugghh - you kidding me Dove? Pineda was awful late and Nova not much better. Tanaka is what he will be a solid starter, maybe a 2. Severino can be really good but we don't know how good yet. Eovaldi can't do any better than last year if the 4 plus ERA 's continue and CC - he'll be sober and skinny which will result in worthless. They need pitching - Miller and Gardner being packaged as we speak. Could use some hitting too as ARod and Tex were both coming back to planet earth. Not sure what they're thinking. Maybe Hicks will be a .300/25/100 guy? :eek:
That starting staff is not horrid. But can be better.

If the Yanks want to try the 3-headed monster in the 'pen then it will be exciting to see. Remember how many times both Dellin and Miller were out of commission for a night? With Chapman there will be a closer EVERY NIGHT!

Bird and Judge comin'!!

Reaction Score
That starting staff is not horrid. But can be better.

If the Yanks want to try the 3-headed monster in the 'pen then it will be exciting to see. Remember how many times both Dellin and Miller were out of commission for a night? With Chapman there will be a closer EVERY NIGHT!

Bird and Judge comin'!!

I assume Chapman will have to serve some sort of suspension. Now being a Yankee I'm sure the press clippings will be a storm around spring training, about Chapman and it will pick up some negative PR, its possible its a 50 game suspension. Nonetheless its a solid pickup and you have him for the season. Well see about the rotation not only are they inconsistent but also made of tissue paper.

Reaction Score
Andrew McCutchen is grateful Chapman is out of the NLC.

The Reds M.O. with Chapman has long been to wait until he enters the game for retaliation for any Reds batters that got HBP. And Chapman will throw at your head.

But he is hittable if batters stay back and go oppo. And lay off the slider. Chapman is certainly capable of walking a couple of guys per appearance if batters just let him do so.

He's hittable for sure I mean the NL batted a solid .154 against him in his career so Lord knows if you lay off the slider the dividends paid are immense.;)

Sorry storrs had to have some fun. I mean can't stay back too much when the guys flaming in at 102 a lot bat has to start early.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Now it'll be fun to see how all the Giants/Yankees fans that wagged their fingers at the Cowboys for signing Greg Hardy will react to signing a woman abuser of their own.

Reaction Score
Now it'll be fun to see how all the Giants/Yankees fans that wagged their fingers at the Cowboys for signing Greg Hardy will react to signing a woman abuser of their own.

I wanted the Giants to sign Greg Hardy. Ill take an who dominates on the field over a nice guy who sucks any day.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wonder if the time has come that the Yankees will start to consider parting with some of their prized prospects to make a run at Jose Fernandez. Use Brett Gardner as the centerpiece MLB player and throw in Judge, Bird, Mateo, Refsnyder, Kapriellian, Sanchez and a Mason Williams or Slade Heathcott type of OF for Fernandez. Trading Judge would be the toughest since he's MLB ready but if you only have Chapman for this year, the Yankees biggest weakness is SP for 2016. Judge and Stanton in the same lineup would be fun for Miami. Mateo and Refsnyder are expendable now with the addition of Castro for the next 3 years. Kapriellian has the live arm that could get him fast-tracked to 2017. Sanchez is expendable with McCann under contract for 3 more seasons.

This type of move would completely deplete the Yankees' farm system but with that kind of bullpen strength, the time is now to try to win. Fernandez not only gives them an instant ace for 2016, but he's controlled for 3 more seasons so if Chapman leaves, the Yanks can recoup a draft pick and still have Miller and Betances backing him up during his entire tenure in the Bronx.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wanted the Giants to sign Greg Hardy. Ill take an who dominates on the field over a nice guy who sucks any day.

I'm right there with you. I'd be willing to bet if we hired a P.D. to investigate every guy on our favorite teams you'd find something bad about a bunch of them. So we should just accept that bad people are going to play for our teams and just root for them on the field.

Reaction Score

Rico first do me a favor and read the newspaper. Then tell me you aren't really dumb enough to throw Hardy and Chapman in the same sentence because I know you're not? Having said that if he did hit her this is not a happy moment at all I would agree. But for now knowing what Hardy did and what I've read on Chapman there is no comparison - none!

Reaction Score
I wonder if the time has come that the Yankees will start to consider parting with some of their prized prospects to make a run at Jose Fernandez. Use Brett Gardner as the centerpiece MLB player and throw in Judge, Bird, Mateo, Refsnyder, Kapriellian, Sanchez and a Mason Williams or Slade Heathcott type of OF for Fernandez. .

Jesus, do you want to give them anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom