Chantel Osahor sent to Lynx for Keisha Hampton | The Boneyard

Chantel Osahor sent to Lynx for Keisha Hampton

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lynx acquire Washington forward/center Chantel Osahor from Chicago -- the 21st player taken Thursday -- for Keisha Hampton

Richard Cohen Tweet:

Intrigued by Minnesota thinking Osahor's quick enough to rotate and help as needed within Reeve's defense. Guess we'll see. #wnba

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She can't be any slower than McCarville was last year. Actually Osahor is a lot quicker and more nimble than people assume in half court. It's getting up and down the floor 94 feet that she struggles with at times.

Reaction Score
Osahor has a number of specific skills which serves her well. However, after watching her in a couple of games late in the season, she is not in any shape which she can showcase her skills at the professional level!

Reaction Score
I just find it odd to be trading non-first round picks. What's the success rate on those? Ie, how many non-1st round players survive the 1st season?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
spock fascinating.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just find it odd to be trading non-first round picks. What's the success rate on those? Ie, how many non-1st round players survive the 1st season?

It is sorta what do I have to lose. Not costing peanuts after all. The WNBA, game for less than peanuts (oops, we weren't suppose to tell?). In other words, thinking creatively does not cost that much, so why not take a chance?

PS. I suspect chemistry counts for something a little bit more than in the NBA (unless the chemistry is defined by "the King in Cleveland" ;)).

Reaction Score
I thought Minnesota was the only team where Osahor would have a chance to be succesful so I'm glad she ended up there. She kind of fits into McCarville's role there.

I actually have less questions about Osahor defensively than I do Brionna Jones for example. Osahor actually has some explosion in her feet, which is different from the heavy feet of Jones. She's not going to be asked to play long stretches in the pros and maybe it is a short career, but you get a few decent seasons from her coming off the bench as the fourth post. I think this is somewhat similar to the Danielle Adams pick. Right player for right team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought Minnesota was the only team where Osahor would have a chance to be succesful so I'm glad she ended up there. She kind of fits into McCarville's role there.

I actually have less questions about Osahor defensively than I do Brionna Jones for example. Osahor actually has some explosion in her feet, which is different from the heavy feet of Jones. She's not going to be asked to play long stretches in the pros and maybe it is a short career, but you get a few decent seasons from her coming off the bench as the fourth post. I think this is somewhat similar to the Danielle Adams pick. Right player for right team.

If they traded for her, they obviously see something about her that they like and feel they can develop over a period of time. No doubt they have resources she can avail herself of. Companies that partner with the Lynx, that can provide year round assistance in helping her get in the best physical condition possible. It will be interesting to see if she can make the roster cut, and (if she does), how her game translates at the professional level.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Good luck to her wherever she lands. If she thought the pace of the Miss State game was quick wait until she gets to her first pro gym.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Maya will get Osahor on a regiment of physical conditioning...in 2 years you won't recognize the girl.

Reaction Score
Maya will get Osahor on a regiment of physical conditioning...in 2 years you won't recognize the girl.
It would be nice if that could happen. I thought her physical limitations resulted from injury, not laziness. If she could overcome her conditioning, she would become a beast. If you've heard her speak, she certainly is a bright young lady. I'd like to see her succeed.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It would be nice if that could happen. I thought her physical limitations resulted from injury, not laziness. If she could overcome her conditioning, she would become a beast. If you've heard her speak, she certainly is a bright young lady. I'd like to see her succeed.

Should the Lynx decide to keep her, and make her a long term project, they (the Lynx) have resources at their disposal that can transform her like they did "Steve Austin", and make her like new again. I hope they do. I like Chantel. :cool:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Should the Lynx decide to keep her, and make her a long term project, they (the Lynx) have resources at their disposal that can transform her like they did "Steve Austin", and make her like new again. I hope they do. I like Chantel. :cool:

I like her too, but in all honesty I think the odds against her in the WBNA are fairly steep.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I like her too, but in all honesty I think the odds against her in the WBNA are fairly steep.

You'll get no argument from me.
:oops: I don't know what their thinking is. They traded for her, so they must want to see her up close, hoping they can transform her into a fairly proficient player who can give them a return on their investment. We both know mobility is not her strong suit. She was a huge presence on the defensive end. She did have 30 rebounds in a game.

I just don't know what the Lynx have in store for her. I'll be very interested to see in the coming weeks, how she fits into their plans. The Lynx is the hardest team in the league for a incoming rookie to make.

IMO, she must increase her mobility in order to play at this level. I saw a lot of instances where the rest of the team would wait for her (on offense) as she slowly trotted or walked up the court. That won't happen at this level. She would run back on defense though.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom