Change of heart | The Boneyard

Change of heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i have been waiting for Uconn/bc for years. This was supposed to be uconns game.
Instead, this program came limping in, hoping to just get some experience for the new qb and oc.
This is the final straw for me.

I've had season tickets the past three season. I didn't get them this year, and I'm glad I didn't. I've still been to three games this year, and today would have been the fourth. Finally said screw it, and instead played 18. Apathy has set in for me. Maybe later than some, but I doubt much earlier than most.

It's the third year, we're almost done, and this program isn't going anywhere. I'm still not sure Diaco is going to be canned this year, but he should be. It's not working. Call it talent, coaching, conditioning, or whatever, this team isn't competing. Diaco was going to change the culture and he hasn't.

I'm officially in the fire Diaco camp.

BUT, if this school fires Diaco, they had better go and get the closest thing to a sure fire winner. No more home grown talent, no more coaches with zero experience, and no more value plays.
If this program is serious, it needs to hire a coach that is a proven winner. Name recognition needs to be huge. Think Larry Brown at SMU.

Three failed coaches and this program is DOA.

I really liked Weist, but i think Uconn needs to go bigger. Isn't Tressel coming off probation soon?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
RE: Tressel, from Wikipedia:

On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
RE: Tressel, from Wikipedia:

On December 20, 2011 the NCAA placed Ohio State on an additional one year's probation and banned it from postseason play in 2012 for numerous major violations under Tressel's watch. It also imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

I would do a backflip to hire Jim Tressel here. Back up the truck and empty out as many pennies that we can shake out of our couch cushions to get him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We are not making a big name hire. Program is already demoted to G5 permanently. We need a brilliant young offensive coach that puts numbers on the board and leaves Storrs better than he found it. This person probably doesn't exist.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Three? Edsall was not a failure.
He didn't imply that Edsall was. He said that if we have a third straight head coach who's a failure -- another PP or Diaco -- then UConn football will be dead. Which is why we need a sure thing like Tressel.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We are not making a big name hire. Program is already demoted to G5 permanently. We need a brilliant young offensive coach that puts numbers on the board and leaves Storrs better than he found it. This person probably doesn't exist.
This is about right. Hiring the sure fire guy would cost more than we can afford. So it's a shot in the dark with a young unproven type, or a retread journeyman on his last gig before going down to IAA ball. Either way, the salary pool for the assistants will be small enough to ensure any coordinators who actually manages to somehow be moderately successful will jet off for greener pastures as soon as they can manage it.

Reaction Score
Three? Edsall was not a failure.
Never said he was. My point was we can't have 3 in a row: PP,Diaco, and the next coach.

The next coach HAS to be a home run power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom