Change in Final Four dates | The Boneyard

Change in Final Four dates

Reaction Score
I think the move of the final four from Sunday-Tuesday to Friday-Sunday could be crucial; especially for the teams playing on Monday, the 27th. The teams playing on the 26th have an extra day to prepare for the final four, but all teams have two fewer days to prepare than usual.

I realize TV probably has something to do with this, but they should have also adjusted the regional dates.

Reaction Score
I think the move of the final four from Sunday-Tuesday to Friday-Sunday could be crucial; especially for the teams playing on Monday, the 27th. The teams playing on the 26th have an extra day to prepare for the final four, but all teams have two fewer days to prepare than usual.

I realize TV probably has something to do with this, but they should have also adjusted the regional dates.
I recall reading awhile back that the tournament committee wanted this change. I don't see where a few less days to prepare will have any impact on the teams. In fact, there's something to be said to have the games sooner with less time. Teams are use to two games a week, some with only a few days apart. Look at the start of our season. We played FL on Monday and flew back to play Baylor Thursday. These teams play four days in a row at their conference tournaments. This isn't an issue.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Most teams are used to playing games with fewer than 5 days to prepare and often play 3 game in 7 or 8 days during the season - the recovery time is not an issue with 4 days between games, and the scouting isn't either - most teams already are pretty familiar with likely FF participants and their coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom