Chance of setting an NCAA record today | The Boneyard

Chance of setting an NCAA record today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe we also hold the consecutive 30 win season record.
This needs to be confirmed.
A victory today will pad this record.

Reaction Score
Sorry jumped the gun.
My mistake. Still in bed recovering from surgery.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry jumped the gun.
My mistake. Still in bed recovering from surgery.

It is Stewie. Her presence covered UCONN's recruiting mistakes and deficiencies.
When you are fully recovered would still like to hear about these "UCONN's recruiting mistakes and deficiencies", unless you were mistaken about those also.

Reaction Score
When you are fully recovered would still like to hear about these "UCONN's recruiting mistakes and deficiencies", unless you were mistaken about those also.

1. Boykin

2. Steph and Kiah left. No incoming post recruits 6ft 4in and above (KLS may play at a pinch). Butler is only a partial (missed 1.5 season and will play only 2.5 seasons; not against any major school this season) replacement.

3. Could not get Wilson. She chose SCAR.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1. Boykin

2. Steph and Kiah left. No incoming post recruits 6ft 4in and above (KLS may play at a pinch). Butler is only a partial (missed 1.5 season and will play only 2.5 seasons; not against any major school this season) replacement.

I have yet to see a mistake and definitely no deficiencies with UCONN recruiting.
1) Boykin was successfully recruited by UCONN. If you want to count that as a mistake then consider that #2-#4 Programs (ND, SC, and Baylor) have also had players leave that were contributing way more to their programs than Boykin was contributing to UCONN. Transfer are not mistakes just a fact of life for every school.
2) This is a statement of fact and not a mistake. A mistake would have been to sign a player JUST because they are 6'4" who cannot contribute to the team .
3) So every player UCONN can't get is mistake? If that's the case you are leaving out probably 25 others. You can have it both ways, when we get a player that is a mistake, when we don't get a player that is also a mistake. The union of those too things says UCONN should just stop recruiting-and that would be the real mistake!

Reaction Score
@ and
I have yet to see a mistake and definitely no deficiencies with UCONN recruiting.
1) Boykin was successfully recruited by UCONN. If you want to count that as a mistake then consider that #2-#4 Programs (ND, SC, and Baylor) have also had players leave that were contributing way more to their programs than Boykin was contributing to UCONN. Transfer are not mistakes just a fact of life for every school.
2) This is a statement of fact and not a mistake. A mistake would have been to sign a player JUST because they are 6'4" who cannot contribute to the team .
3) So every player UCONN can't get is mistake? If that's the case you are leaving out probably 25 others. You can have it both ways, when we get a player that is a mistake, when we don't get a player that is also a mistake. The union of those too things says UCONN should just stop recruiting-and that would be the real mistake!

2 and 3 are deficiencies. We should have been able to get.

I better qualify the following statements as my impressions.
I do not want to get involved in disputes.

My impressions are that BS and MJ's presence have spoiled the fans (including me) and made Geno more Brahminical in his selections than before.
We had Swanier, Montgomery, (Greene + Doty + Hayes), Hartley, Faris and Jefferson - a nice continuity that we do not have now.
At least next year's guards do not yet inspire the same level of confidence.
Nurse may be great defender but her passing and shooting are a bit provincial.
Bent and Xtal are going to be rookies.
Ekmark's level is behind any of the aforementioned guards after 2 seasons.
Ditto for Chong after 3 seasons.
We did not need another great guard partly because Stewart was so good in passing.

As for posts we had Charles, Buck, Dolson, Stokes - always 2 of them. At least most of the time. Now we don't.
When you have 10 NCs, it raises my expectations to have a well-stocked team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah Coco - just think if Geno and Chris and company were actually successful in recruiting we might actually be able to win some games instead of this mediocre stuff where all they talk about is finishing the season with six wins in a row. Can't they aspire to something greater?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@ and

2 and 3 are deficiencies. We should have been able to get.

I better qualify the following statements as my impressions.
I do not want to get involved in disputes.

My impressions are that BS and MJ's presence have spoiled the fans (including me) and made Geno more Brahminical in his selections than before.
We had Swanier, Montgomery, (Greene + Doty + Hayes), Hartley, Faris and Jefferson - a nice continuity that we do not have now.
At least next year's guards do not yet inspire the same level of confidence.
Nurse may be great defender but her passing and shooting are a bit provincial.
Bent and Xtal are going to be rookies.
Ekmark's level is behind any of the aforementioned guards after 2 seasons.
Ditto for Chong after 3 seasons.
We did not need another great guard partly because Stewart was so good in passing.

As for posts we had Charles, Buck, Dolson, Stokes - always 2 of them. At least most of the time. Now we don't.
When you have 10 NCs, it raises my expectations to have a well-stocked team.
You might actually want to give them a chance to get to campus first!

Reaction Score
1. Boykin

Very weak examples. for example, ND has played very well with 4 or 5 guards without a dominating big post player. Turner is good and will get better but she is not a dominating post player like Stef or Kiah.

Reaction Score
Currently Tennessee and UCONN are tied at the top with twenty 30 win seasons each.
A victory this afternoon (yes afternoon on the West coast) over USF will put us in sole possession of the 30 win season record.

Tennessee has 21 30-win seasons: 20 with Summitt and 1 with Warlick.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has 21 30-win seasons: 20 with Summitt and 1 with Warlick.

I apologize.
I should have said Geno is tied with PAT with 20 seasons each.
He will be in sole possession of the record with two more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom