Chance encounter with familiar tall women | The Boneyard

Chance encounter with familiar tall women

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Took a flight out of JFK in NYC this morning to LAX after much enjoying yesterday's game. Standing outside in my UConn 39-0 2010 NC championship shirt waiting for a super shuttle I see two tall athletes in dark sweats walk by rolling suitcases behind them. Then two more, and two more, and I see the UCLA insignia on their backs and recognize some of the same faces like Livulo and Costa and Swain and Canada and the rest of the fun cast that I had been watching on the set yesterday.

They looked fairly energized to be home after their packed three-game East Coast trip and were kind enough not to pound on me for sporting the Husky insignia (the old friendly one) that had thumped them yesterday.

Reaction Score
Took a flight out of JFK in NYC this morning to LAX after much enjoying yesterday's game. Standing outside in my UConn 39-0 2010 NC championship shirt waiting for a super shuttle I see two tall athletes in dark sweats walk by rolling suitcases behind them. Then two more, and two more, and I see the UCLA insignia on their backs and recognize some of the same faces like Livulo and Costa and Swain and Canada and the rest of the fun cast that I had been watching on the set yesterday.

They looked fairly energized to be home after their packed three-game East Coast trip and were kind enough not to pound on me for sporting the insignia (the old friendly one) that had thumped them yesterday.

You mean you didn't pull a DT and raise the UConn colors in their face?

download.jpg

Missed opportunity.

:)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You mean you didn't pull a DT and raise the UConn colors in their face?

View attachment 7949

Missed opportunity.

:)

They were mainly bigger than me and hugely more adept at doing "in your face plays," so I'm not sure it would have been wise to pull a DT shirt-pull. Also, after the Bruins' tough road trip, it would not have been a nice way to welcome them back home in this season of cheer and merriment and seventy degree temps.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
One of my favorite moments of the UCLA - UConn game was post-game: UConn fans congratulating the play of the Bruins as they exited the arena. For me, that's the heart of sports.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite moments of the UCLA - UConn game was post-game: UConn fans congratulating the play of the Bruins as they exited the arena. For me, that's the heart of sports.
Yes, we don't see that enough these days,

Reaction Score
UCLA is good example of whats happening in WBB. There is a lot of talent spread
all over the country now. That's why we're seeing so many upsets. UCLA's program
is on the uptick and they are recruiting talent that Geno wanted but didn't get.
Jordan Canada is an excellent player.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
JC was taller than you?
I did say mainly.

The overall impression when you see a team like this go by up close is that a group of tree ents are moving by even if there are some saplings among them. They not only are tall, they walk tall, long and upright and everybody around them seem so much smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom