Champions League and Europa week 1 | The Boneyard

Champions League and Europa week 1

Reaction Score
The fun finally begins!!!! The more 'marquee' match ups this week are:

Tuesday:
PSG v Arsenal - PSG is not their usual self. Arsenal could get out of Paris with a draw or better.
Barca v Celtic - could get ugly
City v M'gladbach - City is in top form right now, hoping Johnson shows well.
Dynamo Kyiv v Napoli - road trip to Russia or Ukraine are rough

Wednesday:
Spurs v Monaco - Monaco is on a roll, sitting top of table in France and recently knocked off PSG
Real v Sporting CP
Brugge V Leicester - tough spot for the Foxes
Juve v Sevilla - tough opening match for both clubs

Thursday (Europa)
Feyenoord v Man U
Southampton v Sparta Prague

Reaction Score
The fun finally begins!!!! The more 'marquee' match ups this week are:

Tuesday:
PSG v Arsenal - PSG is not their usual self. Arsenal could get out of Paris with a draw or better.
Barca v Celtic - could get ugly
City v M'gladbach - City is in top form right now, hoping Johnson shows well.
Dynamo Kyiv v Napoli - road trip to Russia or Ukraine are rough

Wednesday:
Spurs v Monaco - Monaco is on a roll, sitting top of table in France and recently knocked off PSG
Real v Sporting CP
Brugge V Leicester - tough spot for the Foxes
Juve v Sevilla - tough opening match for both clubs

Thursday (Europa)
Feyenoord v Man U
Southampton v Sparta Prague

Hey... Don't forget Mainz 05 v St. Etienne on Thursday! I'll be there!

Reaction Score
Hey... Don't forget Mainz 05 v St. Etienne on Thursday! I'll be there!
Very cool! I've blocked my Outlook calendar at work Wednesday from 2:45-4:45 and will have Spurs v Monaco streaming on my iPad (would much rather be at the pub down the block, but it's not meant to be this week).

Reaction Score
Atleti wins with some referee help in the first half. PSV's goal should have counted

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a single highlight of the games, but on results alone Napoli with a nice comeback win @ Kyiv; Besiktas with a great result @ Benfica; Arsenal with a good late draw @ PSG; Barca and Bayern as expected.

Reaction Score
Arsenal was lucky; but, an away point at Parc des Princes is huge. They should be able to get 3 at the other away venues. PSG shoud have put them away early. Reminded me of how the USMNT often starts matches - from behind. Both teams also have to make adjustments now with Giroud and Verratti suspeneded.

Reaction Score
The Champions League group stage is so utterly predictable, except when it comes to Arsenal.

Also, Barca stuffing Brendan Rodgers and Celtic is pretty amusing. He just got smacked in the face with Suarez's coattails.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Champions League group stage is so utterly predictable, except when it comes to Arsenal.

Also, Barca stuffing Brendan Rodgers and Celtic is pretty amusing. He just got smacked in the face with Suarez's coattails.
Suarez's first goal was pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
Pulisic gets the start for Dortmund today. Big news, and the game should be on espn3
a good match for him to start. Legia should be a team Dortmund handles relatively easily, so a great opportunity for him... and right on cue Dortmund scores to go up 2-0 early.

Reaction Score
Lyon is up 1 to 0 over Zagreb while Leichester grabbed an early goal and lead Brugge 1-0, both games are about 15 minutes in.

Reaction Score
a good match for him to start. Legia should be a team Dortmund handles relatively easily, so a great opportunity for him... and right on cue Dortmund scores to go up 2-0 early.

3-0 now

Reaction Score
Pulisic was unlucky not to get an assist on a great through ball when it was 1-0. This game is already out of hand.

Reaction Score
Pulisic was unlucky not to get an assist on a great through ball when it was 1-0. This game is already out of hand.

The assist he did end up notching was pretty sweet though. He better start against Mexico.

Reaction Score
for as much as I don't like them, Real sure have a flair for the dramatic. If the Porto goalie was a half inch taller or faster the result would have been different, but RM wins 2-1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom