Champions League 2021-22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Champions League 2021-22

Reaction Score
On one hand, I'm happy another oil club gets knocked off, but on the other hand, Real Madrid is like the Yankees+Cowboys+Lakers on steroids, so it's tough rooting for them. Guess I'll be cheering for Liverpool in the Final, despite being owned by FSG.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
For those of you who don't know: the Champions League format is going to dramatically change from 2024.

Here is my official prediction of the new format based on the information gathered.

The four additional places will go to:
The third place team of association ranked 5
The champion of association ranked 11
The champion of association ranked 12
An additional champions path qualifying place

Additionally, the fourth place team of association ranked 5 will start in the third qualifying round of league qualifying path. If the Europe League title holders qualify for the Champions League directly via league placement, the fourth placed team of league 5 will qualifying directly to the group stage.

If the Champions League title holders qualify directly via league placement, the champion of association ranked 13 will qualify directly to the group stage.

The league qualifying path will remain unchanged. The champions qualifying path will now allow for five teams to advance to the group stage. Those qualifiers will be as follows:

Playoff Round:
Champions (13-15)
Seven winners from previous round

3rd Qualifying Round:
Champions (16-18)
Eleven winners from previous round

2nd Qualifying Round:
Champions (19-26)
Fourteen winners from previous round

1st Qualifying Round:
Champions (27-55, not including Liechtenstein)

The preliminary rounds will be no more.

There will be eight league phase matches per team. The 36 teams will be drawn into four pots. Each team will face two teams from each of the four pots: one at home and away against each pot.

Only the top 16 will advance to the knockout rounds. Clubs ranked 17-24 after the league phase will drop down into the Europe League knockout rounds.

The new Final Four format will take shape as the two-legged semifinals will be scrapped in favor of one-off semifinals played the same week as the final in the same city (not necessarily the same stadium).

The two semifinals will be played on a Tuesday and Wednesday respectively, and the Final will be played on a Sunday.

The Europa League and Europa Conference League will both expand to 36. UEFA will find a way to get the representative from the top four leagues an automatic spot in the Conference League league phase.

The Europa League and Conference League will have eight and six matches in the league phase, respectively.

Reaction Score
In the real Champions League, Seattle got it done. Would hate to be Liverpool or Real at the Club World Cup, if it happens.

Reaction Score
Wow, Liverpool.

1. I wonder if those numbers are true?

2. I wonder what the numbers for other teams are?

I think just like the Astros and Patriots, many other teams do the same things to get an edge, although without the scrutiny or notoriety.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the real Champions League, Seattle got it done. Would hate to be Liverpool or Real at the Club World Cup, if it happens.
They only got by NYCFC because they didn't play in The Rent

Reaction Score
I doubt they are true. How can you play soccer with asthma?
Uh, I thought it was clear in the video that they were implying that so many players weren't actually asthmatic and merely were falsely diagnosed as such to utilize the asthma medication for improved respiratory performance.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Uh, I thought it was clear in the video that they were implying that so many players weren't actually asthmatic and merely were falsely diagnosed as such to utilize the asthma medication for improved respiratory performance.
The funny thing is that albuterol only opens your lungs to normal; it’s not supposed to give you super-human stamina. I had asthma and albuterol inhalers are to help you breathe like someone without asthma.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that albuterol only opens your lungs to normal; it’s not supposed to give you super-human stamina. I had asthma and albuterol inhalers are to help you breathe like someone without asthma.

My kid has Asthma. Albuterol is the rescue drug. But if you take it and you don’t need it, It definitely opens things up a little. How do I know this. Well I tried it.

Cyclists have been getting these exemptions. Bradley Wiggins who won a Tour de France was disgraced and run out of the sport for abusing it. Just look up Team Sky doping.

I also would venture to guess that if you take it while training you will be able to train harder and get more of a benefit.

Reaction Score

The naïveté is pretty amazing isn’t it?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because they don’t actually have asthma and they are basically all a bunch of dopers.
Fine by me. I think Lance was treated wrongly. All those 2nd place guys were doing the same thing.

Reaction Score
Fine by me. I think Lance was treated wrongly. All those 2nd place guys were doing the same thing.

I didn’t like all of his petty vendettas and the people he ruined as a part of the cover up. And basically lying to all of us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn’t like all of his petty vendettas and the people he ruined as a part of the cover up. And basically lying to all of us.
I completely agree with your first sentence. The second, eh. I mean the Supreme Court is full of liars now. That bothers me more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom