CG Food for thought - BU/Patriot and B1G/Minor Leagues | The Boneyard

CG Food for thought - BU/Patriot and B1G/Minor Leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just food for thought on CR as I read this article on Boston U’s alumni bulletin (my part-time MBA).

There interesting notes:

1) BU got a local corporate sponsor to pay for a new athletic field, I wonder if UConn could find a partner (Aetna, Cigna, UTC, etc.) to help with the soccer, baseball, and softball field?

2) BU views (as does the B1G) that academics are important regarding its decision to move to the Patriot league in most sports - “By joining schools such as American, Army, Navy, and Lehigh, BU not was only surrounding itself with rich athletic history but with strong academic backgrounds.”

3) The Patriot League has a TV network?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...SWlpkNnfY1R3dKuThWvN/story.html?event=event12

Also, anyone see Delany’s comments on ESPN stating that maybe ‘student’ athletes who have no interest in the academic side of that equation, should just go directly to a pro development league like some in Baseball do via the Minors? I like it as it gets rid of the 1 and dones in college basketball (so much for Kentucky’s basketball program) and may even the out the competition in college football. Of course, I suspect that the NFL will not like it as they basically get a minor development league for almost no cost right now and certain college will not like it because their reputation is solidly cemented in football and not academics.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...iscusses-possible-football-basketball-changes

Reaction Score
Yeah it's an interesting thought. I personally like the way college baseball runs things were if you choose to go to college instead of going right to the minors our of high school, you must be at least 21 or finished your junior year. I think that would help college basketball a ton. The Andrew Wiggins of the world are good enough to play in the NBA right out of high school. If you decide to go to college your comitting a few years there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy
Top Bottom