Central Michigan @ #24 Miami (4:00 ET, ACC Network) | The Boneyard

Central Michigan @ #24 Miami (4:00 ET, ACC Network)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
CMU trying to bounce back from its loss to Tulane. Leading Miami 50-42 at the half.

Reyna Frost has 19 points and Presley Hudson has 12.
CMU is shooting 10-17 from 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CMU wins 90-80

Miami will be punished in the polls for losing to a good CMU team while South Carolina will be rewarded for barely beating Furman.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Huge resume-building win for Central Michigan, which they really needed after the Tulane loss.

This is by extension also good news for Tulane, which will need its win over Central Michigan to shine.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Huge resume-building win for Central Michigan, which they really needed after the Tulane loss.

This is by extension also good news for Tulane, which will need its win over Central Michigan to shine.
Plebe, I have always like Lisa Stockton but is this years Tulane team legitimate or a smoke and mirror team?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Plebe, I have always like Lisa Stockton but is this years Tulane team legitimate or a smoke and mirror team?
They did beat LSU in Baton Rouge, lost to Alabama at Alabama by 11 pts, Cal on neutral floor and to Old Dominion at home both by 8 pts. So it might not be by smoke and mirrors.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hesitated to answer your question because I wanted to think about it. I guess it depends on what you mean by "legitimate." Do I think they can challenge UConn? No, but then again, I wouldn't have thought they could stay within 20 of UConn a couple years ago when they almost beat us.

I haven't been able to watch their games yet, but based purely on their results, Tulane is clearly exceeding expectations. They were picked only 9th in the AAC after struggling a lot last season. But right now they look like the 3rd best team in the conference, behind UConn and UCF (and with USF in near-meltdown mode).

Tulane has wins over LSU, Washington, and Central Michigan. They have losses to Cal, Alabama and Old Dominion. The Alabama loss is probably the worst result right now, but the win over Central Michigan on a neutral court is very significant. The LSU win may also prove significant if LSU can manage to finish in the RPI top 50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom