OT: Central Florida Huskies? | The Boneyard

OT: Central Florida Huskies?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, I've relocated to the Orlando area. I'm the advance man, so to speak, and my husband will be joining me by year end. I was wondering - are there any Central Florida, specifically Orlando area, Huskies around? Maybe a get-together is possible.

Reaction Score
Living in Melbourne FL, flying in and out of Orlando all the time. You will come to appreciate every story that starts with “A Florida man/woman....”

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Welcome to Florida Nan. We moved to the Kissimmee area in September of 2016. Been to games ar UCF and USF.

This year we decided to get season tickets for the USF women. Driving to Tampa this Friday for the first game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, I've relocated to the Orlando area. I'm the advance man, so to speak, and my husband will be joining me by year end. I was wondering - are there any Central Florida, specifically Orlando area, Huskies around? Maybe a get-together is possible.
koala-eating-wait-what-meme.jpg

Congrats on getting out of the NE.

Reaction Score
Hi! My parents live in Winter Park and i am there all the time :)

:D As I read that an old joke comes to mind, they moved down there and you managed to track them down? Is that what they want from you?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good luck in your new home, Nan.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Just left Orlando to return to The Upstate of South Carolina. My daughter is still there and I visit frequently. The UCF game will be packed with Husky fans. The Villages charters 2 buses to bring fans.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
koala-eating-wait-what-meme.jpg

Congrats on getting out of the NE.
My oldest son graduated from college last year (ahem, with high honors) and got a job in the Midwest. My youngest will graduate and said he has no intention of moving anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon Line. He hates the cold and snow that much. With no family Connecticut, there was really no good reason to stay so my husband and I decided to move to Florida while were still young enough to enjoy all the outdoor activities year ‘round.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My oldest son graduated from college last year (ahem, with high honors) and got a job in the Midwest. My youngest will graduate and said he has no intention of moving anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon Line. He hates the cold and snow that much. With no family Connecticut, there was really no good reason to stay so my husband and I decided to move to Florida while were still young enough to enjoy all the outdoor activities year ‘round.
Sounds great. Wish I could do the same. But I gotta retire from somewhere. And most of the wife's (yes somebody actually married me) relatives are all up here in New England. Except her one sister who lives in FL (Gulf Coast), who is my favorite in-law. ;)

Reaction Score
The Dog Warden will be at the games at USF and UCF.

No reserved seating at UCF; get your tix now before they are sold out; and get in line early!!!

Meet before game at "Burger U" on UCF campus at 4233 East Plaza Drive, Orlando, FL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nan, All the Best on your move to the Orlando area. Enjoy the warm winter and don't forget to remind us, usually when were in the middle of a snowstorm, how nice the weather is that day in Orlando.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Life and weather in central Florida is good. Orlando area has many things to do, and places to go. There is an amazing array of restaurants to satisfy anyone's taste buds. If you really like New England seafood, then Town Tavern in Celebration is a must. The owners also own Kelly's in Boston. They do not take reservations so call ahead and tell them what time you plan to get there. On the list you go. When you check in, tell them you are on the list - you jump to the head of the line.

Reaction Score
We live in Vero Beach, a ways south of Melbourne, and we're over in Orlando a lot because we fly out of Orlando, we go to the CFU game every year and my daughter is a DIsney freak, so we're there a lot (and we have Disney annual passes, too.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, All the Best on your move to the Orlando area. Enjoy the warm winter and don't forget to remind us, usually when were in the middle of a snowstorm, how nice the weather is that day in Orlando.
Had lunch here today. I sat in the shade because it was 85 degrees and sunny - too hot to sit in direct sunlight.

56339329466__8406E4A5-2793-4E0F-B1FD-6A58EA0BBD39.JPG

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Welcome to FL. We live in the seaside town of Ponce Inlet about 10 miles south of Daytona.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Welcome to FL. We live in the seaside town of Ponce Inlet about 10 miles south of Daytona.
We looked at New Smyrna Beach but like the energy of the Orlando to Cocoa area better. We’re looking at Rockledge but will rent near Orlando for a while until we can decide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom