Celtics games to attend | The Boneyard

Celtics games to attend

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How many times will you visit Boston to see Kemba play again? Where my C’s fans at. Exciting to have him back in the Northeast. Will be a big asset to Hurley’s Pitch. Hope he attends plenty of UConn games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How many times will you visit Boston to see Kemba play again? Where my C’s fans at. Exciting to have him back in the Northeast. Will be a big asset to Hurley’s Pitch. Hope he attends plenty of UConn games.
Lived in metro Boston almost 20 years now. Been to one Celtics game. Maybe I’ll go to one this year. It’s such a pain in the ass to get there and the games are late.

Reaction Score
I'll be there courtside near the Celtics bench many times with a 2011 National Championship t-shirt.

I went to a Charlotte-Celtics game in Boston last season and a guy sitting behind me and I yelled "Huskies" at a stoppage in play and he looked over at us and winked. We'll see if I can get a bigger reaction this coming season with a 2011 National Championship t-shirt on.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I'll be there courtside near the Celtics bench many times with a 2011 National Championship t-shirt.

I went to a Charlotte-Celtics game in Boston last season and a guy sitting behind me and I yelled "Huskies" at a stoppage in play and he looked over at us and winked. We'll see if I can get a bigger reaction this coming season with a 2011 National Championship t-shirt on.

Holy Smokes Hooper, let me know if a ticket or 2 shakes free with you. Would love to experience a game that close. Message me anytime. I’ll buy the steak dinner & beers after!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My most recent Celtics game yielded a photo of me sitting on the floor next to a giant photo mural where my body best mimicked that of Travis Knight sitting on the floor. When Ray won his his first Championship ring, it rekindled that goose-bumpy feeling of having 'my' lifelong team winning for the first time in more than 2 decades.

My fondest hope is that my Needham-resident, NBA fan, college best friend is given ample reason to love Kemba as a pro the way I did when he was Runner-up Big East and NCAA Player of the Year in 2010-11. AND, that he gets tickets again through work, so I can join him for a game (too many other great things I can do with the money it costs to attend pro sports live, and enough memories at varying price points to satisfy me if I never again go).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My most recent Celtics game yielded a photo of me sitting on the floor next to a giant photo mural where my body best mimicked that of Travis Knight sitting on the floor. When Ray won his his first Championship ring, it rekindled that goose-bumpy feeling of having 'my' lifelong team winning for the first time in more than 2 decades.

My fondest hope is that my Needham-resident, NBA fan, college best friend is given ample reason to love Kemba as a pro the way I did when he was Runner-up Big East and NCAA Player of the Year in 2010-11. AND, that he gets tickets again through work, so I can join him for a game (too many other great things I can do with the money it costs to attend pro sports live, and enough memories at varying price points to satisfy me if I never again go).

Hmm...Work tickets. Never even wanted them for Celts/Bruins in the past (too much headache) but maybe. We certainly have tons that probably go unused.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hmm...Work tickets. Never even wanted them for Celts/Bruins in the past (too much headache) but maybe. We certainly have tons that probably go unused.
Even better can be downwind from a client ticket.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Even better can be downwind from a client ticket.

I don't get the client side tickets for sure. But we have suites and seats in every MA pro venue (and others like Citizens Bank park in Philly and Wrigley). Just need to find the right "in".

Reaction Score
Life time Knicks fan here......having a major emotional attraction (and simultaneous knicks revulsion) to Celtics. I’ve found myself searching for Celtics news and scores bc of Kemba. Is it possible to change allegiances? It may be happening. Finally. Thanks god.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Life time Knicks fan here.having a major emotional attraction (and simultaneous knicks revulsion) to Celtics. I’ve found myself searching for Celtics news and scores bc of Kemba. Is it possible to change allegiances? It may be happening. Finally. Thanks god.
Friend referred to above was Long Island-bred Yankees and Knicks fan. Nearly 40 years post-college has made him a Red Sox and Celtics. Something about TV access has made a difference, I suppose.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Life time Knicks fan here.having a major emotional attraction (and simultaneous knicks revulsion) to Celtics. I’ve found myself searching for Celtics news and scores bc of Kemba. Is it possible to change allegiances? It may be happening. Finally. Thanks god.

I don't see how Sox - Yankees happens. Giants and Patriots are different leagues. Jets - Patriots seems impossible.

But the Celtics and Knicks don't have that much history. Celtics fans consider the Lakers and Sixers their rivals. Bruins rivals are Montreal.

Reaction Score

Do it. Come to the green side

Reaction Score
Been living in the Boston area for the past 6 years. Have been to a number of Celtics games but haven't been this excited to attend games in a while.

Already bought a Kemba Celtics jersey to hang next to my Kemba UConn jersey at home. If there's anyone who can change the Celtics culture for the better it's this man.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Remember when they played a few regular season games at the Civic Center? Hopefully we will get a preseason one bringing Kemba back home to CT.

Reaction Score
I don't see how Sox - Yankees happens. Giants and Patriots are different leagues. Jets - Patriots seems impossible.

But the Celtics and Knicks don't have that much history. Celtics fans consider the Lakers and Sixers their rivals. Bruins rivals are Montreal.
Not a fan of baseball, but is Sox-Yankees even still a thing? 10-15 years ago I used to hear the fans bickering like an old married couples. These days I never even hear anyone talking about baseball. Is baseball fading away?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Boston local here... I'm sure you could get a little Boston Boneyarders group together to make use of your corporate tickets. My company doesn't seem to have a Celtics thing but does Sox games here and there.

I've lived in Boston 6 years now, usually go to about a game a year but I will likely try to get to quite a few this season and on. I'll probably look to cheap games to get better seats, and usually wear some UConn gear.

I love how attentive Kemba has been to the large contingent of UConn fans in/near Boston who I'm sure have come out of the woodwork since his free agent signing. It's just so cool to see him shout out the UConn fans he will now be so close to. I honestly wont be shocked if the C's see an influx of jersey purchases simply because so many nearby alumni will now be invested in the team who maybe weren't that into the NBA before

Reaction Score
Not a fan of baseball, but is Sox-Yankees even still a thing? 10-15 years ago I used to hear the fans bickering like an old married couples. These days I never even hear anyone talking about baseball. Is baseball fading away?
They just played in the playoffs last season. Yeah, it's still a thing. But it's not like 2003-2004 though. Sox fans have mellowed a little after 4 championships in 15 seasons. :D

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They just played in the playoffs last season. Yeah, it's still a thing. But it's not like 2003-2004 though. Sox fans have mellowed a little after 4 championships in 15 seasons. :D

Sox fans have mellowed and Yankees fans have lost a little arrogance and don't goad them as much. It's more peaceful now. But they are still the respective rival teams.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Can anyone suggest a nice hotel fairly close or convenient to the Garden that a family might enjoy if an overnite stay was the plan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom