OT: Celtics Big man | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics Big man

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Kanter & Theis have a great offensive duo performance yesterday but Embiid still goes for 38. I wish we had a young Kendrick Perkins on defense up front. Who’s out there, that can help Boston win a series vs The Bucks or Sixers. I’m not a cap guy. Anybody have a good trade plan?

Reaction Score
Need to trade for Sabonis. Send them 2 of our 3 first rounders this year and Robert Williams.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
OKC may be looking to deal as the season goes on -- wonder if Nerlens Noel can finally find his way to Boston.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Celtics are not going to win every game. The East is also the best it has been in a long time. I don't think it will last, but I believe the East is .500 against the West through last night's games. Sometimes a team is just going to lose.

I think Ainge planned to trade Hayward for a big, which I think is why Hayward was such a big part of the offense in the early going. With his most recent injury, his trade value slips a bit, so maybe Brown becomes the player they move for a big. Someone has to go, because the Celtics need a big that they can play for 30 mpg, and Kanter is definitely not that guy, at least not until the playoffs.

Edit: Looking at Kanter's stats, he should at least pretend he cares about the regular season.

Reaction Score
Trade Robert Williams, Romeo Langford, and Bucks pick for Sabonis. Easy

Reaction Score
I would rather have Brown than Drummond if I am Danny. I like the Andre fit but IDK how they can get him. I like the Noel suggestion. They just need a better defensive big, any offense is gravy.

Reaction Score
Why not trade Langford for Antetekuomnpo and Taco for Kawhi?
I can't imagine the Pacers being interested in that.

Hahaha we have enough of a treasure chest of picks to make this happen, and Indiana would love to bring the hometown kid Langford back.

Langford, Lob Williams, Bucks pick, Our pick this year and next

Reaction Score
Hahaha we have enough of a treasure chest of picks to make this happen, and Indiana would love to bring the hometown kid Langford back.

Langford, Lob Williams, Bucks pick, Our pick this year and next

The one asset that has value is the Grizzlies pick but that's keeper. I don't think Langford has any value.

Reaction Score
"It is difficult for Boston to cobble together enough salary to add a major piece without including one of its core players. Boston does have Daniel Theis ($5M), Enes Kanter ($4.8M), all its own first-rounders and additional picks from Milwaukee and Memphis, but that's not enough money to target a player like the Spurs' LaMarcus Aldridge or the Cavaliers' Kevin Love -- unless Boston is willing to put Marcus Smart or Gordon Hayward in a deal, which is unlikely to happen. And that pick from Memphis is considered off the table given the state of the rebuilding Grizzlies. The first is top-six protected in 2020 and then unprotected in 2021."- per bobby marks

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Tristan Thompson could help. I love Sabonis too.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The Celtics aren't going to make any trades for a big this year, and shouldn't. Let team chemistry work, and trust that Stevens will make Time Lord a much better player come April than he is right now.

If it turns out they have no way to get over that final hurdle in these playoffs, then they've got Hayward's expiring max deal to send out over the summer.

Either way, there's zero chance they're sending out one of the future firsts they have – and zero chance they should.

Patience. Let the team grow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would rather have Brown than Drummond if I am Danny. I like the Andre fit but IDK how they can get him. I like the Noel suggestion. They just need a better defensive big, any offense is gravy.

They just need the guy they traded away in the off season. Bad decision there.

Reaction Score
I thought Brown and Sabonis can't be traded til end of season because they just signed extensions beginning of the season, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Celtics are not going to win every game. The East is also the best it has been in a long time. I don't think it will last, but I believe the East is .500 against the West through last night's games. Sometimes a team is just going to lose.

I think Ainge planned to trade Hayward for a big, which I think is why Hayward was such a big part of the offense in the early going. With his most recent injury, his trade value slips a bit, so maybe Brown becomes the player they move for a big. Someone has to go, because the Celtics need a big that they can play for 30 mpg, and Kanter is definitely not that guy, at least not until the playoffs.

Edit: Looking at Kanter's stats, he should at least pretend he cares about the regular season.

Moving Brown at this point would be stupid unless you totally score for a good young big. Brown's trending up and only 23 years old.

Kid's still 4 years from his prime and still improving. With a high ceiling to boot.

The Celtics aren't going to make any trades for a big this year, and shouldn't.
Patience. Let the team grow.

Yes.

Reaction Score
If the Pacers traded Sabonis, I would be irate. I want them to unload Myles and Leaf

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Theis is the poster boy for bad calls. There's always 1 terrible call against him in every game. I think I saw 2 yesterday. Yet Embiid can elbow him in the chest and in general be a bull in a china shop. The C's just need a ref that recognizes fouls.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If the Celtics want to stop Embiid ... Drummond is absolutely not the way to go. Not sure he’ll ever get Joel out of his head (and I say this as a huge Drummond fan) - will be interested to see how that “rivalry” picks up when they play again this year.

The C’s have generally played Embiid well - even without a big man. He was a +2.8 last year against them. For reference, he was a +16 against Detroit.

Reaction Score
celtics should blame shaq and charles barkley for lighting a fire under embiid last night. i would like to see if he can keep it up going forward. i will believe that the sixers are contenders when i see it, tbh...

celtics shouldn't make a big move unless one falls into their lap. brown and tatum should be untouchable, as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom