Cell phones in XL ... | The Boneyard

Cell phones in XL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me why my cell phone (IPhone 5 ...AT&T) doesn't work inside the XL Center ? Does anyone have a cell phone that does work in the XL Center ? Thanks !

Reaction Score
Are you talking about phone reception or data? I have no problems - usually - and I have a Galaxy SII (Sprint)

Reaction Score
I couldn't send a text the last time I was in Hartford ( Villanova game ) ...I got a "not delivered ! " notice next to message.

Reaction Score
So I guess I shouldn't be posting in the game thread while watching tonight's game in my seat in Section 112? Not sure I will want to anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't usually have trouble at the XL center (iPhone 4, sprint), however I have a ton of trouble at Gampel.

Reaction Score
I couldn't send a text the last time I was in Hartford ( Villanova game ) ...I got a "not delivered ! " notice next to message.

As someone who works in this field, u have two issues.

1. No connectivity: caused by weak in-buikding cell penetration. More often affects carriers with weaker coverage and higher frequency spectrum(think metropcs, sprint) than higher coverage saturation carriers with lower spectrum (vzw, att). You will see no bars or have very sketchy coverage due to the building materials sapping wireless penetration.

2. Network over-saturation. When the requested connex/bandwith overwhelms available ports/bandwidth capacity. You will see high coverage levels (the cell is finding the network), but will be unable to hold a solid data connection. You should be abke to push text messages through and make voice calls in many cases.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

U

UCONNfan1

So I guess I shouldn't be posting in the game thread while watching tonight's game in my seat in Section 112? Not sure I will want to anyway.
Any extra time you have during the game should be spent berating Mulkey's wardrobe, not texting on the Boneyard!!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Horde tweets constantly during the games so they must have a link.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
AT&T sucks. I have AT&T as well, and often run into oversaturation issues. XL for sure, sometimes Gampel, God help me if I go to a trade show at Javits Center in NYC.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The Horde tweets constantly during the games so they must have a link.

I would think The Horde has a special reserved spot on the HCC Wi-fi network to make sure they have a connection. With those folks their jobs depend on it.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me why my cell phone (IPhone 5 ...AT&T) doesn't work inside the XL Center ? Does anyone have a cell phone that does work in the XL Center ? Thanks !
God it sucks getting old. I can't figure out why anyone would want a phone to work in the XL Center. Last time I went earlier this year I shut it off as I went to see a game. I guess I don't understand generation lonely......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom