CCSU Hurley Post Game Presser | The Boneyard

CCSU Hurley Post Game Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Not happy with D but attributes it to 14 day pause.
Brendan not available to start because restrictions due to foot surgery.
Jackson not as far as long as Sanogo. Sanogo has earned back up center spot. Josh needs to battle, he's good enough.
Jackson lost 12 practices, but he is good in disrupting the perimeter. Good passer, still figuring out how to play him on O.
DH thinks game should have been a secret practice. Can't fix things during games. Need practices.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we may see Whaley/Sanogo starting together on Friday potentially. Though coach did say Sanogo looked lost and got by on talent.

Also Carlton has a lot of work to do to start seeing the minutes he has before.

Reaction Score
It is clear to me that Hurley 80% doesn't want to play the games at Mohegan Sun. If we play it will be because of the pressure from programing partners, fiscal needs, and to only a minor extent the impact of having no OOC quality games on the resume. He clearly feels playing games will interfere with getting the team ready for the Big East. I don't use twitter or social media, but he struck back at criticism on social media that he should suck it up. I think the criticism is warranted if he ducks these games. You don't duck games in 2020 because you haven't got the team where you want it. All coaches have to deal with injuries, eligibilities, and tons of things on the fly that disrupt their plans. He also made it clear the starting lineup is completely fluid, even for the Hartford game. The starts on Wed were based on experience rather than a strategy.

Reaction Score
Hurley said he wants to see something where a team that gets shut down for two weeks would get an additional week for practicing before they play another game. IDK how much this has been discussed here, but would that even be possible to go three weeks without playing a game? If that's the case, would the conference redo the schedules where the team that got shut down can essentially then play 3-4 games the week they resume so they could catch up?

Reaction Score
It is clear to me that Hurley 80% doesn't want to play the games at Mohegan Sun. If we play it will be because of the pressure from programing partners, fiscal needs, and to only a minor extent the impact of having no OOC quality games on the resume. He clearly feels playing games will interfere with getting the team ready for the Big East. I don't use twitter or social media, but he struck back at criticism on social media that he should suck it up. I think the criticism is warranted if he ducks these games. You don't duck games in 2020 because you haven't got the team where you want it. All coaches have to deal with injuries, eligibilities, and tons of things on the fly that disrupt their plans. He also made it clear the starting lineup is completely fluid, even for the Hartford game. The starts on Wed were based on experience rather than a strategy.

Yeah, I agree. Opting out of games because of Covid concerns is one thing, but opting out of a game because you think your team may lose is completely different, especially last minute. I hope they end up playing next week.

Reaction Score
It is clear to me that Hurley 80% doesn't want to play the games at Mohegan Sun. If we play it will be because of the pressure from programing partners, fiscal needs, and to only a minor extent the impact of having no OOC quality games on the resume. He clearly feels playing games will interfere with getting the team ready for the Big East. I don't use twitter or social media, but he struck back at criticism on social media that he should suck it up.
I think we need to see what happens over the next few days at Mohegan. If anyone in the "bubble" turns out to have a case I think he'll wind up pulling out.

You don't want to get in, have someone get COVID there, and then have to shut down team activities for 2 weeks. That would cut into the start of Big East play and really hurt them for the first game or two that they are able to play. In such a tough league that could be the difference between making the postseason or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom