CBSSports.com Top 100 And 1 best college basketball players | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com Top 100 And 1 best college basketball players

Reaction Score
Only Husky is Sanogo at #15.

15. Adama Sanogo | UConn | Junior

Sanogo is the highest-ranked Big East player on our list and a virtual lock to contend for Big East Player of the Year honors after leading the league in rebounding a season ago. The junior big man enters his third season with the Huskies and returns as the second-leading returning scorer and leading returning rebounder in the league after averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game a season ago. -- KB

Jackson named as one of the biggest snubs. Who is the poster who said the other day that Norlander hates UConn? That couldn't be further from the truth. Was born and raised in CT and I think he still lives in CT. He is the CBS analyst who plugs UConn the most.

Andre Jackson, G, UConn

I have three candidates here. Before I get to why Jackson is my biggest snub, I'll note that Gonzaga point guard Nolan Hickman was my highest-ranked player (62nd) to not crack our 100 And 1. At Kentucky, Jacob Toppin is due for a breakout season; I think we'll wind up whiffing on his exclusion. But Jackson, who will miss the first two weeks of the season with a pinky issue, is the most likely of three who could make us look silly. He'll be asked to have the ball in his hands, and potentially take a starring role for a UConn team that figures to be ranked with some regularity this season. He's 6-foot-6 and will have the offense play more through him than anyone else, including Big East Preseason Player of the Year Adama Sanogo. Jackson is also an NBA prospect, and if he does what Dan Hurley hopes he's capable of over the next five months, he'll be drafted next June. -- Matt Norlander

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Only Husky is Sanogo at #15.

15. Adama Sanogo | UConn | Junior

Sanogo is the highest-ranked Big East player on our list and a virtual lock to contend for Big East Player of the Year honors after leading the league in rebounding a season ago. The junior big man enters his third season with the Huskies and returns as the second-leading returning scorer and leading returning rebounder in the league after averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game a season ago. -- KB

Jackson named as one of the biggest snubs. Who is the poster who said the other day that Norlander hates UConn? That couldn't be further from the truth. Was born and raised in CT and I think he still lives in CT. He is the CBS analyst who plugs UConn the most.

Andre Jackson, G, UConn

I have three candidates here. Before I get to why Jackson is my biggest snub, I'll note that Gonzaga point guard Nolan Hickman was my highest-ranked player (62nd) to not crack our 100 And 1. At Kentucky, Jacob Toppin is due for a breakout season; I think we'll wind up whiffing on his exclusion. But Jackson, who will miss the first two weeks of the season with a pinky issue, is the most likely of three who could make us look silly. He'll be asked to have the ball in his hands, and potentially take a starring role for a UConn team that figures to be ranked with some regularity this season. He's 6-foot-6 and will have the offense play more through him than anyone else, including Big East Preseason Player of the Year Adama Sanogo. Jackson is also an NBA prospect, and if he does what Dan Hurley hopes he's capable of over the next five months, he'll be drafted next June. -- Matt Norlander

I’m lower on Kalkbrenner than most but higher on other creighton players than most.

Give me Kaluma, Alexander and Nembhard all day.

Kalk is agile for his size (which isn’t huge) but pretty soft. I don’t see him as a top player in the sport.

Reaction Score
I’m lower on Kalkbrenner than most but higher on other creighton players than most.

Kalk is agile for his size (which isn’t huge) but pretty soft. I don’t see him as a top player in the sport.
Good think it’s pronounced “caulk”

Reaction Score

2nd in conference in offensive rebound rate, 5th in block rate, 9th in free throw rate, drawing 4 fouls a game. Soft, sure.

(Adama was 3rd, 6th, and 20th in those stats).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
2nd in conference in offensive rebound rate, 5th in block rate, 9th in free throw rate, drawing 4 fouls a game. Soft, sure.

(Adama was 3rd, 6th, and 20th in those stats).
Hate to break it to you, but there have been plenty of soft, very large bigs that rebounded at a high rate.

He’s good but not elite to my eye. Eg, we’d be much worse with Kalkbrenner instead of Sanogo.

To be clear, I’m not saying kaulk sucks…

Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you, but there have been plenty of soft, very large bigs that rebounded at a high rate.

He’s good but not elite to my eye. Eg, we’d be much worse with Kalkbrenner instead of Sanogo.

To be clear, I’m not saying kaulk sucks…
If a guy rebounds, blocks shots, and draws fouls... then why does it matter if he IS soft? Why does that make him a worse player?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If a guy rebounds, blocks shots, and draws fouls... then why does it matter if he IS soft? Why does that make him a worse player?
Because if he wasn’t he’d be better. He doesn’t as many tough rebounds as he could, for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom