CBSSports.com Big East expert picks 2022-23 | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com Big East expert picks 2022-23

Reaction Score
UConn picked 3rd. They have Kalkbrenner POY and Sanogo in discussion.

3. UConn
Does UConn take advantage and reclaim the Big East? Dan Hurley enters Year Five in Storrs, Connecticut. He's had two one-and-done NCAA Tournament showings. Fan patience hasn't worn thin on him -- hardly -- but I'd advise winning a tournament game or two as quickly as possible. With the Big East in the midst of regime change, this is the window for UConn to re-prove it is a top-20 program. It doesn't have to be this season, but UConn reasserting its dominance in the Big East pecking order equates to having a 1 next to its name in the Big East Tournament in 2023 or 2024. Sanogo could have the most valuable season for a UConn center since Andre Drummond was on campus a decade ago. If Sanogo is Option A, Option B will be Andre Jackson, who just broke his finger and had surgery. When he comes back, the 6-6 junior will play point guard for the first time for UConn. Also expect sophomore Jordan Hawkins to pop. Give Hurley and his staff credit for this: the team lost a lot of production (R.J. Cole, Isaiah Whaley, Tyrese Martin, Jalen Gaffney, Akok Akok) and still shouldn't see much, if any, fall-off. No other school in the conference can claim the same this season. Question is if Tristen Newton (via ECU) can get it done in the backcourt.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we finish 3rd and Creighton is as good as expected, Nova is a top-15 team, and Xavier is a top-20 team, I won’t have much to complain about. However, we need to get to the BET final this year.

Reaction Score
The Andre Drummond mention is a bit of a head scratcher. Sanogo was already better than Drummond last year.
Eh, I'd say they're imagining NBA Drummond more than actual UConn Drummond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom