CBSSN Announcers | The Boneyard

CBSSN Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Game announcers did a quality job. The analyst (I forget his name) had obviously done his homework watching UConn game film and even gave a shout out to the program for all the pro's that the program has produced.

Reaction Score
Yes I said the same thing to my wife. The one guy played in the NFL. Quality explanations.

Reaction Score
Game announcers did a quality job. The analyst (I forget his name) had obviously done his homework watching UConn game film and even gave a shout out to the program for all the pro's that the program has produced.

Just re watched the game now that I've warmed a bit. They did not sleep on Uconn that's for sure! They mentioned that we were in the game against Boise in the 3rd Qtr and had a chance to win every game this year but just came up short. They said it was just a matter of time before we break out. I like the fact that they mentioned O'Leary was nervous about Uconn and our potential all week. Said it was a matter of time before we cranked it up!!!!

Reaction Score
I, too, thought the broadcast was entirely watchable. Of course a close exciting game helps the announcers more than a boring blowout. Regardless, they had complimentary things to about uconn despite how painful this season has been.

Reaction Score

Agreed, anyone know their names? I could not believe how well informed they were, which is really the way it ought to be. I am so used to ESPN guys mailing it in.

Who is the dude who used to play for UConn who did the Stony Brook game? He was terrible.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I haven't watched the whole game yet, but I imagine they probably didn't spend part of the game yakking about whatever re-hashed SEC storyline that ESPN family networks typically do to promote the late game.

Reaction Score
I was also thinking that it's a shame Corey Chavous is at CBS Sports. He did his homework, was knowledgeable, and insightful. I'd love to see him broadcast more mainstream games.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched the whole game yet, but I imagine they probably didn't spend part of the game yakking about whatever re-hashed SEC storyline that ESPN family networks typically do to promote the late game.

This is so true.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This all bodes well for when UCONN is invited to the SEC. :D

Reaction Score
Agreed, anyone know their names? I could not believe how well informed they were, which is really the way it ought to be. I am so used to ESPN guys mailing it in.

Who is the dude who used to play for UConn who did the Stony Brook game? He was terrible.[/QUOTE]

Sean Mulcahy I believe.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Coery Chavous was indeed very good - best we've heard this year; cud tell he watched film and payed attention.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I listened to the UCF announcers they were really harsh calling out their guys.

Reaction Score
Everything went well except when they had to pronounce Obi's last name :D I think I heard 4 different pronunciations.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This announcer team was one of the best I have listened to in a long time, regardless of the sport.

They did their homework and more. The understood the history of UCONN football and worked it in to their analysis.

And today's win tells us Diaco and company are moving the program forward.

Reaction Score
any replay time set? or highlights?

I just viewed game highlishgt on AAC conference page. Awesome.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I thought they were strong also. The only part they missed was the importance of Puyols missed PAT. They acted like a 2 possession game was over with 12 minutes left. But....nice job overall.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
'Course the fact that they weren't calling a train wreck may have helped their game :)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I agree. i thought they did a great job.

Reaction Score
Corey Chavous was a db for Arizona then Minnesota. As a hobby while he was still playing he was like Mel Kiper Jr. and really into studying college players for the draft. ESPN had him on a few times during the NFL draft for some analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom