CBS Week 1 Ranking: UConn #116 | The Boneyard

CBS Week 1 Ranking: UConn #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys n gals....Do not take a poll like this too serious. UMASS dropped 7 spots without playing a game! They must have looked better in practice last week!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not going to lend too much credence to any poll where a team can rise or fall 40 or so points after the season's first game...

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/128

For reference:
Kansas - 127
Army - 126
UMass - 105
Syracuse - 95
UCF - 93
SMU - 90
Paying the public piper for losing to SMU and Army last season, methinks.

Precisely, This is a poll of PUBLIC PERCEPTION. It is exactly where I think we are in the general fan's (Not UCONN fan in the know) viewpoint and is more a reflection of the last 4 years of bad hire and bad results. As things improve, so will the poll position.

Precisely where I would want to be if I had to take a team into Columbia, Missouri and SEC Country, a perception of being a walkover. Then, let the game play out. Take ARMY by 3 touchdowns without revealing too much and take out Mizzou in a trap game.

Reaction Score
Talk about polls and "dropping in ranking", watch what happens next week if Missouri "smokes" UConn....both teams will drop in rankings.....

UConn because it is still perceived as a bad team

Missouri because a win over UConn does not help their resume in the least if they are in the conversation as a possible team to be among those being considered for the FBS playoffs. If they are in the conversation but excluded because of wins over weak teams, it wouldn't surprise me if they buy out the return trip to E. Hartford

Reaction Score
we probably dropped because we beat a FCS team... a team that could probably beat some of the teams on the initial list that started this thread... it's OK though... more bulletin board material for the rest of the season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom