CBS top 25 poll | The Boneyard

CBS top 25 poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, they do s*it like this so they have content for their Poll Attack column that comes out later today. They probably already have the section about how under rated UConn is because of the post season ban. I'm not disagreeing, but we can be their soapbox today.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, they do s*it like this so they have content for their Poll Attack column that comes out later today. They probably already have the section about how under rated UConn is because of the post season ban. I'm not disagreeing, but we can be their soapbox today.

Jeff Goodman called us irrelevant before the season started because of the ban, so it would be pretty hilarious if he posted that.

Reaction Score
Here's what Goodman said about Ollie as BE COY "Ollie has done a nice job, but lack of a postseason hurts -- and UConn still not doing what G'Town is."

Guess we have to go beat Gtown on wed

Reaction Score
He just told me that he thinks the talent disparity between Georgetown and Uconn is similar -__-

Reaction Score
Here's what Goodman said about Ollie as BE COY "Ollie has done a nice job, but lack of a postseason hurts -- and UConn still not doing what G'Town is."

COY is a regular season award. The post season ban should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
He just told me that he thinks the talent disparity between Georgetown and Uconn is similar -__-

So does that mean he thinks GT has very little talent, because in the preseason he said UConn didn't have much.

Reaction Score
Also, last time I checked JT3 isn't a first year coach who had half of his team go pro or transfer before he even coached his first game.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Great point. Ollie should have done a better job about that postseason ban that happened long before he became coach.

Reaction Score

Maybe they do it just because they think UConn belongs in the top 25. Maybe there isn't some bizarre ulterior motive related to the media's collective hatred of UConn, as some people here seem to think.

Reaction Score
Maybe they do it just because they think UConn belongs in the top 25. Maybe there isn't some bizarre ulterior motive related to the media's collective hatred of UConn, as some people here seem to think.

Never said it was media hate, don't dump everyone who thinks the media runs on a slant into the same box. UConn has a resume worthy of a national ranking by this year's standards. I'm thinking these two might be jumping on the opportunity to use us in their weekly poll follow up. If we make the AP and Coaches poll, fantastic, if not they have an argument.

Reaction Score
I will repeat myself because it feels good.

The BE can kiss it. The media can kiss it. The poles can kiss it. If shows what a joke part of this process is at times- if you do not fit in the perfect NCAA box- players get hurt and programs get hurt. Do you want your pole to be accurate? I realize this almost never happens but a regular season top 25 team is a top 25 team.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 3149

Not that this garbage means anything, but ESPN's power rankings has Colorado State at #25. Bare in mind, they haven't beaten a ranked opponent and have 6 losses. (One of which was UIC) ...... Apparently UConn beating Cuse, MSU, and Notre Dame wasn't good enough to crack their list...

Reaction Score
I will repeat myself because it feels good.

The BE can kiss it. The media can kiss it. The poles can kiss it. If shows what a joke part of this process is at times- if you do not fit in the perfect NCAA box- players get hurt and programs get hurt. Do you want your pole to be accurate? I realize this almost never happens but a regular season top 25 team is a top 25 team.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

I see some venom in this post. Kissing soon to be followed by spitting, perhaps? We must be playing someone special, our next game.

Reaction Score

I don't think Goodman's comment shows anyone is out to get UConn. It does show that Goodman must have the IQ of approximately a ripe watermelon, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Oh we're not doing what gtown is doing? Neither is most of the country.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked that Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman included us. They have UConn at 23

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ge-basketball/21761771/updated-top-25-and-one

You know what...............BRAVO!!! Not a Goodman/Parrish fan; but given the obstacles and talent issues(bigs primarily) with our team, they(and KO) deserve every every bit of recognition they can garner. What the hell is up with the AP Poll?!!! 18 freakin' points!!!! We have a 19-7 record that includes Conference 9-5,Home 12-2,Away 4-3,Neutral 3-2, Overtime 4-1, vs Top 25 3-3,RPI #28 0.6125,SOS #19 0.5815 and we get 18 freakin' points!!! Is the AP a regular season poll or a tournament potential poll or maybe the Three-Time National Champion Connecticut Men's Basketball Is Irrelevant Poll??!!!!

This is right up JC's(and now KO's) alley. Screw them all. WE ARE UCONN AND WE WILL BEAT YOU!!! Are you listening Georgetown? :)

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE HOYAS!!!

Reaction Score
It may have been in another universe, but didn't UC beat #7, 11, 21??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom