CBS Top 25 Freshman: #18 Jalen Adams | The Boneyard

CBS Top 25 Freshman: #18 Jalen Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to be an agent for change with UConn. Could be the team's best player by the end of the year, and that's no slight on Daniel Hamilton or Amida Brimah or Rodney Purvis. Adams has the on-court composure to help UConn close out tight games, I think. He'll also be a great promoter of his teammates in Ollie's scheme. Huskies found a really nice one.

Full list: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...men-lsus-ben-simmons-leads-our-preseason-list

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I would love for Jalen to be our best player by year's end. That would only mean we had a great season.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure he'll be the best player, but I think he can very well be the most important (by the end of the year). He looks to me like the best candidate to control tempo, get others involved and basically run the team. He seems to have some true "floor general" skills.

Obviously Gibbs is a lot more experienced and proven, but I think Gibbs is a little more of a Boatright type scoring point and Jalen will be a better floor general (eventually).

Having a real floor general who can control the tempo and get others the ball in the right spots (playing to their strengths) is, in my opinion, the key to a great season with all the talent this team has. I think Gibbs and Adams are both capable, with Gibbs being more experienced, but with Jalen having more natural point guard skills.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
By the end of the season - there will not be 17 freshmen ranked ahead of him
This kid has star written all over him
Its unfortunate he will not be in Storrs for his senior night

Reaction Score
All I've heard is the highest praise for him. Seems to be much higher praise than his ranking coming out of high school indicated. Obviously the whole ranking system is flawed, but is it his intangibles that are warranting all this?

Reaction Score
All I've heard is the highest praise for him. Seems to be much higher praise than his ranking coming out of high school indicated. Obviously the whole ranking system is flawed, but is it his intangibles that are warranting all this?

He was a highly regarded top 25 recruit. Not sure where the discrepancy is you're seeing.

Reaction Score
He's getting Drummond-esque hype which is exciting yet scary.

He is? He gets a fraction of the attention of the UK or Duke freshmen in the top 10 rankings.

Reaction Score
"Best player on the team come year's end" - That's extremely high praise considering how talented the roster is.

Sure, it's high praise, but he's also a higher ranked high school player than most of the current players were when they were in high school. But it's not really on the same level as the hype for someone like Drummond was, who was basically a top 2 or 3 recruit nationally.

Reaction Score
Sure, it's high praise, but he's also a higher ranked high school player than most of the current players were when they were in high school. But it's not really on the same level as the hype for someone like Drummond was, who was basically a top 2 or 3 recruit nationally.
I just don't want to see him get built up so high that anything he does is scrutinized to no end.

Reaction Score
He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom