Cbs sportS | The Boneyard

Cbs sportS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
U guys reading the act all of a sudden? New agenda giving us a lot of hints.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can you hint at what they are hinting at? I am swamped and can't possibly go through all the trash articles out there today. Thanks in advance.

cincy pump job

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
media vs fan perception

wvu is about to announce a deal with img for 12 years 120mil or 10mil a year. thats a nice tier 3 cunck for the eeerrrssss. congrats to them.

for about 3 or 4 years now the media has bashed, ignored or devalued uconn. very rarelyt quick pump jobs have been done then dumped in order to prop uconn relevance then toss it out. all this over the past couple years combined with uconn still today in the big east has swayed everyones opinion outside of this fanbase about uconns worth, brand value and rise to big boy status. i'm not talking about a couple ruty or cuse fans who hate us saying we dont get 5 ppl to watch in nyc and other smack talk. between the loccal teams we all talk smack and enjoy it but most of us know who is worth what where and when. i'm talking about mid west and south schools fanbases. they don't know uconn becuase we are brand new on the scene. so they can only form opinions by what the media swyas them on. they have no clue that we are actually worth something becuase the media has told them different. they see a pitt or cuse or bc in the acc and say, well if uconn was worth jack , then the acc would have them already and thats that. well thats completely wrong and we know it, but they dont and no one is arguing it media wise becuase of agendas...

now think about that img deal wvu just got. dont we have one of those? hmm img must think we are worth something then hugh? the media job on us has been so vast that ppl in our ownfanbase are starting to break down and think we aren't worht a lot. they look at bc and think they are so far ahead or ruty and omfg b10 this and that. you are all falling for it. are we unc or michigan or texas? no, but we are not wake, or bc or pitt either. the media is killing some of your perception. dont let it. if u do then your falling for it.

recently i had a thread where i rethought my espn bashing to what may actually be going on. i was wrong with what espn was doing somewhat and i was able to figure it out. zls has prob had enough of me lol but hes a good guy. cbs sports is now pumping its agenda and others are also. where is fox in all of thise uconn bashing lately? how come they are not in on it?

Reaction Score
So basically you are saying everyone, including the Big 10, ACC, ESPN, and CBS, are in a vast conspiracy to harm UConn. All to hide the truth of UConn's true value, which apparently, despite living in a grand information age, is hidden to everyone? And this propaganda has brainwashed everyone.

P.S. Yes, UConn has some IMG or similar deal. All schools do

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So basically you are saying everyone, including the Big 10, ACC, ESPN, and CBS, are in a vast conspiracy to harm UConn. All to hide the truth of UConn's true value, which apparently, despite living in a grand information age, is hidden to everyone? And this propaganda has brainwashed everyone.

b10-fox
acc-espn
nbe-will be cbs

read my acc/espn thread where i realize its more of pump and dump to keep uconn somewhat relevant but also hold there value of adding others becuase uconn can not be added.

cbs is ignoring uconn like it wont be here. why? if they are going to be the NBE then uconn would be one of the schools they champ media wise. they know uconn isn't going to be there and they are hoping that they can pump and keep cincy instead. they hope not to lose cincy to the acc/espn and if they do they want it known that espn took cincy from them and thats evil stuff. cbs is 10 years late to the party so they are trying to make up for lost time and trying to be a player by acting like espn took there lunch. they are trying to get into this live colege sports bus and if they fail they want it known that espn is the reason why.

i dont see fox or the b10 putting out things that dump uconn like the others. do u? and i'm not talking about old stuff, i'm talking current and relevent stuff to whats going on right now...they dont own us yet, so they are not going to pump in anyway and give away the hand. but they are quiet for a reason imho. we are a option...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The USS Connecticut might say that CBS is married to the SEC and that this latest wave of Cincinnati pump deals might be to soften the blow in the minds of ACC Presidents should they lose a team or two to the SEC. They may even be doing the same thing to the B12 for the same reasons although I'm not sure precisely who in the B12 that the SEC might be targeting.

HFD is spot on. There is an awful lot of UConn bashing out there. I'm constantly defending UConn's image on several message board sites out there (although I admit I don't go to ESPN anymore because of my own self-imposed boycott of ESPN news sources). I'm constantly floating posts like "UConn to the B1G" to get a pulse of a particular site and 95% of the time I'm greeted with negativity. That needs to change.

A little help from our own Athletic Department PR would help and a few positive articles from the CT media would too. Instead of publishing "UConn had no chance" type of articles, how about writing about what UConn brings to the CR table? People have short term memories and need to be constantly reminded. Besides, every other school and media members do it. Why not us???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wvu is a new add to the img list fwiw.

lets look at img a bit more. they are a partner of some kind i dont know the relationship to cbs sports.

they have clients in every conf. in the b10 they have michigan and tosu i know. but anyway they have a lot of clients and a lot of big boys but not all...

the nbe will get a tv deal thru cbssports and so u have to ask why this league is adding certain schools.
tulane? uh? ecu? ucf? those schools all have img deals. byu and do as well and we all know how close both of those schools were/are to a nbe deal to join also. img has a hand in this with cbssports. for cbs sports to not be on the uconn train means we have a better ending in sight then ppl think. usf is also img btw

some other schools img has as clients? utep, smiss, uab, marsh for starters. those schools will be looked at when the nbe forms a big conf down the road i bet...

caw

Reaction Score
UConn's IMG deal was 80 for 10 years going through 2018.

Reaction Score
Cincy has sent the media their talking points, UConn has not. UConn has no clue how to play this game.

Reaction Score
Cincy has sent the media their talking points, UConn has not. UConn has no clue how to play this game.

I just can't agree with this. I refuse to believe it. There is no way we just "haven't thought" to pump us and our brands via media outlets, if that was what was needed. It is extremely obvious that that needed to be started a long time ago if this was the case. Susan did some media selling the first go around with Pitt/Cuse. Something else has to be up, and I am not an optimist, more of a realist. I will gladly eat my words if this turns out to be wrong, but IMO they are doing too bad of a job for it not to be intentional.

Reaction Score

No, all schools don't license with private companies. If you look at the IMG deal with Uconn, it is pretty lucrative. It is like WV's deal, but Uconn makes more in licensing rights than Louisville and several other of the schools that have landed spots. Just look at the numbers. UConn's rights are worth 2x Louisville's. It's right there out in the open for everyone to look at. Spongorship as well (ike) is around $5 million a year. Total licensing for UConn last year was $26 million, double its nearest competitor (Louisville) in the BE.

People are paranoid to come up with conspiracy theories but then they read Dodd who says Cincy is the best out there, and Dana O'Neil who says UConn should not bother with football, it forgot who it was, Weiss who says Uconn is like the next Fordham, the fact that no one noticed this horrid Uconn football team just beat Louisville and also has a winning record against Pitt and Cuse, etc. It piles up like that, and people exaggerate.

That being the case, numbers don't lie. UConn has a lot of fans, a captive audience in state, and makes a lot of money on licensing rights. Its ticket sales are middle of the road, but its AD makes a good amount of money when you back out conference revenues.

Does this mean UConn is undervalued? Well, obviously, yes.

Reaction Score
To boot, UConn's IMG doesn't include girl's basketball. Some scoff at this trifling number, but in effect, UConn's IMG pays out more than WVU just signed. UConn is aleady 4 years into their deal. The IMG contract expires June 30, 2018.

Additionally, UConn gets more than the base amount so long as revenue targets are hit,

These deals pay out in increasing increments. I believe the first IMG payout was in the $5-6 m range.

One thing that we have been discussing is, what if the BE wants to put all tiers in hiuse, a la the pac 12? UConn in that scenario would get screwed. It makes so much more than any other Big East school, UConn would need to fashion a mini-longhorn network type deal.

And I agree with the posrer above, it's amazing how inept uconn has been in getting the public to perceive uconn's worth through actual signed contracts and hard dollars, not the mealy mouthed opinionated words of sensationalist journalists. But the ineptitude has been so gross that it really makes one wonder if that the people who uconn needs to understand this-delany- already do, and uconn has made a conscious decision to become the college athletic world's punching bag.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, all schools don't license with private companies. If you look at the IMG deal with Uconn, it is pretty lucrative. It is like WV's deal, but Uconn makes more in licensing rights than Louisville and several other of the schools that have landed spots. Just look at the numbers. UConn's rights are worth 2x Louisville's. It's right there out in the open for everyone to look at. Spongorship as well (ike) is around $5 million a year. Total licensing for UConn last year was $26 million, double its nearest competitor (Louisville) in the BE.

People are paranoid to come up with conspiracy theories but then they read Dodd who says Cincy is the best out there, and Dana O'Neil who says UConn should not bother with football, it forgot who it was, Weiss who says Uconn is like the next Fordham, the fact that no one noticed this horrid Uconn football team just beat Louisville and also has a winning record against Pitt and Cuse, etc. It piles up like that, and people exaggerate.

That being the case, numbers don't lie. UConn has a lot of fans, a captive audience in state, and makes a lot of money on licensing rights. Its ticket sales are middle of the road, but its AD makes a good amount of money when you back out conference revenues.

Does this mean UConn is undervalued? Well, obviously, yes.
I'm with HFD on this. ESPN has all but submarined UConn throughout the past two years. In last evenings game nada was said about Michael Carter-Williams. It was a made for the sports news story.

And CBS has suddenly done a blitz against UConn. The sad thing is, the media has co-mingled news with profits. These are empires trying to ensure their success so they won't be objective and they don't have to be.

So it only means that either NBC or Fox is interested in UConn and some league UConn will be part of and the other two networks are doing their best to protect their turf and lower the national value of the product NBC and/or Fox are interested in.

Or CBS wants the NBE and doesn't believe UConn will be around. So it's elevating the value of Cinci to create the cache for its league.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
b10-fox
acc-espn
nbe-will be cbs

read my acc/espn thread where i realize its more of pump and dump to keep uconn somewhat relevant but also hold there value of adding others becuase uconn can not be added.

cbs is ignoring uconn like it wont be here. why? if they are going to be the NBE then uconn would be one of the schools they champ media wise. they know uconn isn't going to be there and they are hoping that they can pump and keep cincy instead. they hope not to lose cincy to the acc/espn and if they do they want it known that espn took cincy from them and thats evil stuff. cbs is 10 years late to the party so they are trying to make up for lost time and trying to be a player by acting like espn took there lunch. they are trying to get into this live colege sports bus and if they fail they want it known that espn is the reason why.

i dont see fox or the b10 putting out things that dump uconn like the others. do u? and i'm not talking about old stuff, i'm talking current and relevent stuff to whats going on right now...they dont own us yet, so they are not going to pump in anyway and give away the hand. but they are quiet for a reason imho. we are a option...
So if I get this correctly, CBS is the player for the NBE and not NBC. Does this have to do with Aresco's ties? Anyways CBS is elevating the value of Cincy at UConn's expense because CBS strongly believes that UConn will not be in the NBE conference. And since ESPN is dumping on UConn as well then it only means one thing, UConn to the B!G.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lightbulb: The IMG Conference.

Let the agent find the teams for the NNNBE for us if we can't get into a B1Gger one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Lightbulb: The IMG Conference.

Let the agent find the teams for the NNNBE for us if we can't get into a B1Gger one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
A decent alternative!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So if I get this correctly, CBS is the player for the NBE and not NBC. Does this have to do with Aresco's ties? Anyways CBS is elevating the value of Cincy at UConn's expense because CBS strongly believes that UConn will not be in the NBE conference. And since ESPN is dumping on UConn as well then it only means one thing, UConn to the B!G.

i think both are. for a while all we heard was nbc and now they have competition i think. maily becuase the league wont have that many haves vs potentials. so now i think that league gets less $ clearly but less games on tv and more digital stuff instead. cbs was quiet mostly for a while as were others. not to long ago we were hearing multiple bidders and as many as 6. i think cbs is or was taking a look at it. but now they have deemed it not worthy with the schools that will be left. so the question begs, is cbs going to get in on the acc $ wise at some point? why pump cincy at random? the only answer i can think of becuase i dont see espn letting others in on the acc is that the sec is going to strike also with the b10 and cincy is getting the pump so the acc damages are seen as small. cbs prob can' wait for the sec to do its thing with the secN and they must think the sec can grab 2 acc teams soon.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Why pump cincy at random? Because it's random. I think folks are blowing this stuff out of proportion a little bit. There's been what, two or three national media people quote-unquote pumping Cincy? Now there are media types are taking small digs and a few big digs (like Wetzel) at UConn but if you were a Miami fan, or whoever, there'd probably be the same kind of complaints I bet. Better than being irrelevant like BC. Does UConn need to do a better job tooting its own horn with the media? Absolutely. But that's a little harder because we're still dealing with the aftermath of Hathaway's suckitude.

And by the way... are there really fans out there whose opinions are formed by reading Dana O'Neil and Dennis Dodd???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom