CBS Sports reporter tweeting about expansion | The Boneyard

CBS Sports reporter tweeting about expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nothing says Big East like "San Diego St".

It is east of China, Japan and the far east, no?

Basically it's all Chris Columbus' fault by sailing west to get east.

Reaction Score
Hope the ACC finally puts an end to this nightmare and saves us.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Yup. News is everywhere and no denials. No real confirmation either.

I can tell you this -- I'm eating lunch and Marionnette is not here begging for table scraps.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Smart move for now. Then they can negotiate the 11/12 and conference tourney. I still rate it 50/50 as Memphis/Philly for all sports or the service academies as football only.

Reaction Score
Hope the ACC finally puts an end to this nightmare and saves us.
Don't hold your breath for an ACC invite, I'm sure BC will continue to block us. At least we'll have a football conference to play in that isn't the MAC, there's some pretty good teams in that mix.

Reaction Score
Don't hold your breath for an ACC invite, I'm sure BC will continue to block us. At least we'll have a football conference to play in that isn't the MAC, there's some pretty good teams in that mix.

BCU being an orphan all along up in New England cannot be a good thing for the ACC. Be smart include Connecticut then you have BCU v UConn and Syracuse v Pitt to anchor down the northeast end of the conference.

Reaction Score
Nice to get this out of the way before it killed our ability to recruit. Anyone who knocks this is just failing to understand the situation we are in. It is either this or CUSA.

Reaction Score
BC is a millstone around the neck of the ACC. Pitt will be too. Their FB is mediocre and their BB style won't work in the ACC and will quickly lead to .500 seasons sans Jamie Dixon. BC alone can't block UConn. I would suspect that FSU, Miami and possibly Clemson aren't overly enthusiastic unless we are paired with ND.

Reaction Score
Will they split the conference for scheduling? I wonder if all the out of conference games already scheduled will remain intact. Next year plus future years. Tennessee, Michigan, NC State, etc.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Im thrilled San Diego St is being added I used to live there an loved it so going back every couple years and watching UConn play will be awesome

Reaction Score
For Pete's sake, just get them in this conference already before Marinate screws things up again or the Big XII throws in a monkey wrench.

Reaction Score
Just be glad we got a life raft for now. A conference with decent teams that make no sense to play against is still better than the MAC or worse...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sister lives in San Diego. A November roadtrip to San Diego for Thanksgiving weekend would be perfect.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im really wondering about this: did the b12 basically tell cincy/lville or what ever 2 BE schools that they will be added soon so the BE had to add teams now to have some type of schedule for next year. also does ND really want a basketball schedule with smu/uh/ucf/usf on it? i smell major moves coming and i think this is good for uconn. in the present we can play fball at worst vs uh/smu/bosie etc which is a ok schedule and bball we can schedule who ever we want so it wont take a hit, in the long term ND finally makes a move and we tag along or go the other way. i think this is good for uconn long term but maybe just a push for the short term.

Reaction Score
Francesca & WFAN reporting it as fact. Mikey adds that the top 60 teams should just break off & reform geographically because the current system is just a joke.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm going to resign myself to the possibility that if the NNBE blows up, it won't be for a few more years. This deal happening likely increases the chances of ND putting the brakes on an ACC move (which would open the door for UConn) and I don't think the juice is there for the ACC to go for UConn+RU right now unless the B1G decides to move for Maryland / UVA or the SEC goes to 16 via NCSt / VT. Those moves might still happen in the next year, but for now, until we see some concrete developments it looks like UConn will have to make the best of the situation.

Think about this... Whenever WVU, Pitt and SU are gone, Rutgers will be the only original Big East football member still in the league.

Reaction Score
im really wondering about this: did the b12 basically tell cincy/lville or what ever 2 BE schools that they will be added soon so the BE had to add teams now to have some type of schedule for next year. also does ND really want a basketball schedule with smu/uh/ucf/usf on it? i smell major moves coming and i think this is good for uconn. in the present we can play fball at worst vs uh/smu/bosie etc which is a ok schedule and bball we can schedule who ever we want so it wont take a hit, in the long term ND finally makes a move and we tag along or go the other way. i think this is good for uconn long term but maybe just a push for the short term.

I guess that I'm reading different tea leaves. While I agree that this seems a short term solution, I don't see any hurry by the SEC, ACC, B1G, or PAC12 to move to 16. Also, going to 10 is a start, but going to 12 for a championship game could really help with the next television contract. I'm wondering if the Big East is delaying going to 12 until they are in negotiations for that contract.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
heres your wild move of today:

Big Country Conf can do something radical with this and it would actually be better for the conf.
big east-uconn/ruty/lville/cincy/usf/ucf/uh/smu +nova/gtown/sju/marq/prov/shu/dep/nd
big west-bosie/sdsu/hawaii/nev/wy/fresno/new mex/byu or ust +zaga/unlv/stmary/port/sanfran/lmary/colost/lbst

fball-play your division, wineer of each plays a ship game for the bcs bid, game is @ home team of higher ranking bcs #.
bball-play your division round robin + 1 rival for 16 and your tourney is a division thing. nyc for the east and cali somewhere for the west. playing 16 instead of 18 gives schools like zaga/uconn/lville a chance to put 2 more big time games on there ooc schedules...

RS9999X

Reaction Score
I think the C-USA, WAC and MWC will need to contract into 2 conferences and will have a playoff game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
also why can't we call up usc and get a game together? play out in cali and let them pack the place. they are pretty good so i don't expect us to win but why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom