CBS Sports....Really? | The Boneyard

CBS Sports....Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So they go to all the trouble of acquiring rights to a couple of UConn women's games, as they have in the past, and lo and behold, one of said games turns out to be a headliner, as UConn goes for its record-tying 90th straight. UConn wins, as we all know, and you'd think that at that point, CBS Sports would highlight this history-making game somewhere on their website.

Not that I can find. I tend to be geometrically challenged, so it is possible that it's sitting there, just not where I'd expect it. But they don't seem to cover women's basketball at all. I get why they cover men more than women -- that's obvious -- but why would they want to broadcast games of a sport that they don't even mention women's basketball.

They cover bowling, MMA, high school sports, mud running, for crying out loud. If you want to make a name for yourself as a purveyor of women's basketball games -- and why would you bid on any of them if you didn't want that? -- why would you just broadcast the games and not promote them? Just seems dumb to me.

Reaction Score
So they go to all the trouble of acquiring rights to a couple of UConn women's games, as they have in the past, and lo and behold, one of said games turns out to be a headliner, as UConn goes for its record-tying 90th straight. UConn wins, as we all know, and you'd think that at that point, CBS Sports would highlight this history-making game somewhere on their website.

Not that I can find. I tend to be geometrically challenged, so it is possible that it's sitting there, just not where I'd expect it. But they don't seem to cover women's basketball at all. I get why they cover men more than women -- that's obvious -- but why would they want to broadcast games of a sport that they don't even mention women's basketball.

They cover bowling, MMA, high school sports, mud running, for crying out loud. If you want to make a name for yourself as a purveyor of women's basketball games -- and why would you bid on any of them if you didn't want that? -- why would you just broadcast the games and not promote them? Just seems dumb to me.
Somehow CBSSN knows just which UConn games to pick. Whether it's Stef and Bria's senior day or this 90th win in a row. Either they do that on purpose or it's one hell of a coincidence and they are quite lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom