CBS: All signs point to OKC pursuing Billy Donovan | The Boneyard

CBS: All signs point to OKC pursuing Billy Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Donovan and Presti were friends. That's a good sign I guess. What concerns me is the fact that Durant wants Ollie. OKC obviously is going to do all it can to keep Durant and signing Ollie would really help the cause.

Reaction Score
The big question is what would this mean for Jeremy?

Reaction Score
Durant has chronic foot problems and may never be the star he was. If I was OKC's GM, I wouldn't let Durant dictate who the coach should be.
he won the mvp in 2014 bruh. same foot problems as napier, both will be fine

Reaction Score
donovon leaves, i want all hands on deck for devin robinson.
Dont say that--lets be humble and understanding. Would you want other team hawking our players if the opposite happens?

Reaction Score
i like him a lot, pretty sure he played for team penny in eybl, killed it. would fit perfectly as a better guard option off the bench than sc2 and samuel. don't even recall his recruitment

Hopefully the idea of playing for Grant (if he takes over) will scare him off like it did Trevor Lacey. I think this kid really liked UConn back in 2013'ish. As soon as Allen gets the release from Florida KO should be ready to pounce like a leopard on a gazelle. BUCKETS! :)

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I wonder if Florida fans are going to start blaming rival recruiters and grudge holding beat writers for this too.
Or maybe their coach will issue a statement that he's staying and they will call him a liar.

What Wojo did is fact. As they say, you can look it up.

And we just grabbed one of the top recruits left and are in the hunt for a few others who are in high demand.

If you and your blissful ignorants want to keep preferring fantasy to fact, have a blast. Just seems strange to me, especially when it requires you to say that you believe the best about a known and proven hack from Yahoo and believe the worst about Kevin Ollie. Your choice though.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Or maybe their coach will issue a statement that he's staying and they will call him a liar.

What Wojo did is fact. As they say, you can look it up.

And we just grabbed one of the top recruits left and are in the hunt for a few others who are in high demand.

If you and your blissful ignorants want to keep preferring fantasy to fact, have a blast. Just seems strange to me, especially when it requires you to say that you believe the best about a known and proven hack from Yahoo and believe the worst about Kevin Ollie. Your choice though.
This isn't a conspiracy to bring our program down. Stop

Reaction Score
This isn't a conspiracy to bring our program down. Stop
You don't think it's strange that the people hyping Ollie to OKC are the college guys like Wojnarowski and Goodman who clearly have had issues with our program in the past? The NBA guys are talking about Donovan to OKC and these college guys are silent about Donovan on Twitter. There is more smoke for Donovan to the Thunder and yet the Yahoo guys and Goodman have heard nothing. Ollie puts out a statement saying he has no plans of going anywhere and they say otherwise. Donovan puts out nothing and they have no sources about Donovan and OKC? These are the same guys who had sources saying Jim Calhoun was going to coach BC, when everyone else knew there was zero chance of that happening.

Reaction Score
You don't think it's strange that the people hyping Ollie to OKC are the college guys like Wojnarowski and Goodman who clearly have had issues with our program in the past? The NBA guys are talking about Donovan to OKC and these college guys are silent about Donovan on Twitter. There is more smoke for Donovan to the Thunder and yet the Yahoo guys and Goodman have heard nothing. Ollie puts out a statement saying he has no plans of going anywhere and they say otherwise. Donovan puts out nothing and they have no sources about Donovan and OKC? These are the same guys who had sources saying Jim Calhoun was going to coach BC, when everyone else knew there was zero chance of that happening.
I think they're reporting what they've heard from their sources. I'm not saying their sources are right but to go as far as believing these guys have a personal mission to bring down our program and our program alone is over the top. We as fans take things too personal and especially after the whole CR debacle it seems that UConn fans think everyone is out to get us but they're not. Lets get over ourselves a bit.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Woj is definitely an "NBA first" guy. He seldom wanders into college reporting relative to his NBA work. He is actually considered the de facto news "breaker" in the NBA scene and if he says something NBA related its usually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom