CBB Discussion Thread - Preseason | The Boneyard

CBB Discussion Thread - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why was the other one locked?

Anyways...Brendan Bailey is making his debut this year for Marquette. Throwback to 2016 recruiting. Trying to post a video interview with him but not working. Here's the link.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
St Johns is good

Are you talking for next year?
Or historically?

Since the beginning of the Satan era (from Jarvis arrival to present) they are 262 & 280 (.483)
In the same time span, UConn is 484 & 205 (.702) and has 4 National Championships.
They're going to have to be great for quite a few years to get into the conversation about being good in this space.

Reaction Score
Ponds, Heron, Dixon and Simon make up a very good backcourt, but where is their frontcourt?

Clark is a good PF, but you can't count on Keita to be a surefire starter at the 5 and Justin Roberts is only a freshman. Aside from the guys I listed, no one on their roster is taller than 6'7.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No running mega threads. They quickly become a conversation between a 1/2 dozen people that make no sense.

If you want to do a weekly thread, fine. But mega threads are just plain dumb.

Reaction Score
Not really sure where this fits, but I'll put it here

Great get for Wichita state and big for the conference. 2020 seeming more and more like the year AAC becomes one of the top basketball conferences. Just think, UConn, Wichita state, Memphis all going to be top teams again. Haven’t been paying attention to cincy, but obviously they’re be good as always. Houston is set up well, and could see a dark horse in east Carolina. Haven’t really paid too much attention to the other teams and their classes.

Reaction Score
This is the last test for Mullin, this team should be the 2nd best team in the Big East
Villanova and Marquette are the consensus as the top 2. After them, it's PC and St. John's. Both Mullin and Wojo have warm seats. If either fails to dance, their seat becomes an inferno. Especially St. John's, as most expect them to take a step back next year. They need to make noise this year in order have something to sell to recruits, otherwise, competing coaches will be selling the "Mullin's going to be fired" storyline to recruits.

Reaction Score
Villanova and Marquette are the consensus as the top 2. After them, it's PC and St. John's. Both Mullin and Wojo have warm seats. If either fails to dance, their seat becomes an inferno. Especially St. John's, as most expect them to take a step back next year. They need to make noise this year in order have something to sell to recruits, otherwise, competing coaches will be selling the "Mullin's going to be fired" storyline to recruits.
There's definitely a case for Marquette as the 2nd best team but I still think St. Johns should be better than them. Really a moot point because as you said both teams need to make the tournament

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels' scouting report on Enoch after watching a recent UofL practice:

Steven Enoch was an absolute monster. I was very intrigued when I watched him practice last year and had him rated as a top 50 recruit when he initially signed with UConn. What I saw Friday was impressive. He's ridiculous physically ... strong, long, mobile and athlete. He was active and all over the glass. If he plays like he did Friday he will average 8-10 rebounds a game. He also showed flashes on offense ... was patient in the post, showed he could go over either shoulder, made a catch & shoot 3. He was flat out dominant. Now lets see if he can carry that to games. He's always been a prospect, but never been productive. Sure looked like he's about to turn the corner.

Reaction Score

Steven Enoch was an absolute monster. I was very intrigued when I watched him practice last year and had him rated as a top 50 recruit when he initially signed with UConn. What I saw Friday was impressive. He's ridiculous physically ... strong, long, mobile and athlete. He was active and all over the glass. If he plays like he did Friday he will average 8-10 rebounds a game. He also showed flashes on offense ... was patient in the post, showed he could go over either shoulder, made a catch & shoot 3. He was flat out dominant. Now lets see if he can carry that to games. He's always been a prospect, but never been productive. Sure looked like he's about to turn the corner.
Looking forward to following Steve E. He has a great work ethic.

Reaction Score

I didn't see defense mentioned anywhere in this paragraph.

Reaction Score

Steve is a guy I can root for. It really sucks he didn't work out here - CT-born, seems like a nice kid, is best friends with Vital. I do wish he didn't go to Louisville though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom