CB Jordan Swann to transfer... | The Boneyard

CB Jordan Swann to transfer...

Reaction Score
Jordan was one of our faster guys but had trouble tackling. Good luck to him as he moves on.

Reaction Score
Ouch. He was the old man in that secondary. Now we have 2 Sophs (Coyle & Herring-Wilson) and about 11 frosh. ... ugh

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fast, but struggled with tackling
Jordan was one of our faster guys but had trouble tackling. Good luck to him as he moves on.

That sums it up. Wasn't going to magically get more physical. Good luck to him. I think the kids coming in August would have pushed him deeper down the depth chart. I think we could see another departure/change of position in the secondary by Aug 30th with the existing crew. The talent coming in looks better.

Reaction Score
Fast, but struggled with tackling

That sums it up. Wasn't going to magically get more physical. Good luck to him. I think the kids coming in August would have pushed him deeper down the depth chart. I think we could see another departure/change of position in the secondary by Aug 30th with the existing crew. The talent coming in looks better.
When you bring in as many defensive backs as we have the last couple of years, it's inevitable that some won't stick. Good luck to Jordan.

Reaction Score
When you bring in as many defensive backs as we have the last couple of years, it's inevitable that some won't stick. Good luck to Jordan.

In the 3- 3- 5, there is time available for 10 guys. I think it just looks like too many db's, because of the shift in strategy.
We need 15 of them, and can get away with anywhere between 13- 18 depending on the class sizes.

Reaction Score

I got front row seats to that whiff by he and Terry for an 80 yard YAC TD by USF

woulda been a faboluous return man for us though..

Reaction Score
In the 3- 3- 5, there is time available for 10 guys. I think it just looks like too many db's, because of the shift in strategy.
We need 15 of them, and can get away with anywhere between 13- 18 depending on the class sizes.
Agreed, but it hurts that so many of them are being brought in within 2 years of each other. Balancing out the classes will (hopefully) result in less turnover.

C

Chief00

This won’t win football games. How do they do against a guard on a running play?

C

Chief00

Someone wanna coach up the #casualfan?

I am a firm believer in big, physical guys up front with some edge pass rushers, who move the line of scrimmage backwards.

Expecting DBs to consistently take on guards and then tackle running backs, who have a head of steam - achieve results like we saw last year. Crocker’s system won’t work at this level unless Edsall modifies it, as I understand he is trying to do by putting more big bodies up front.

We totally wasted Foley last year in predictable double teams because we did not move him around enough. If we had more guys who could make plays it wouldn’t have been so bad - but it was really bad DC work.

Reaction Score
I am a firm believer in big, physical guys up front with some edge pass rushers, who move the line of scrimmage backwards. Wow, that’s revolutionary stuff. I believe in small bodies up front that get blown off the line of scrimmage. The old “keep everything in front of you” defense.

Expecting DBs to consistently take on guards and then tackle running backs, who have a head of steam - achieve results like we saw last year. Crocker’s system won’t work at this level unless Edsall modifies it, as I understand he is trying to do by putting more big bodies up front. The 5th DB is more like a hybrid S/LB in this scheme. I’m not a big fan of it, but it can certainly work at this level of football. Our problem was that the roster is FCS.

We totally wasted Foley last year in predictable double teams because we did not move him around enough. If we had more guys who could make plays it wouldn’t have been so bad - but it was really bad DC work. Foley was not wasted. He did his job. The problem is that again, we didn’t have enough talent around him. If we played a traditional 4-3 he still would’ve gotten double teamed.

No more free lessons Chief. Anything more I’ll have to charge you.

Reaction Score
I am a firm believer in big, physical guys up front with some edge pass rushers, who move the line of scrimmage backwards.

Expecting DBs to consistently take on guards and then tackle running backs, who have a head of steam - achieve results like we saw last year. Crocker’s system won’t work at this level unless Edsall modifies it, as I understand he is trying to do by putting more big bodies up front.

We totally wasted Foley last year in predictable double teams because we did not move him around enough. If we had more guys who could make plays it wouldn’t have been so bad - but it was really bad DC work.

Who said dbs would consistently take on guards?

C

Chief00

No more free lessons Chief. Anything more I’ll have to charge you.
Newsflash - when you play a 3-3-5 and recruit 8 DBs and have to move an OL recruit to defense - to have a DL recruit with any size - Jimmy if you can process all that you will realize people are running downhill on us.

Reaction Score
Who said dbs would consistently take on guards?
They have to perform run fill, and the scheme is designed to hide and bring pressure. It’s a crappy scheme unless you have exceptional transitional sized DBs that have enough power, speed and aggression to be a run stopper, pass cover and bring a speed blitz. The D is hollowed out up the middle.

Reaction Score
They have to perform run fill, and the scheme is designed to hide and bring pressure. It’s a crappy scheme unless you have exceptional transitional sized DBs that have enough power, speed and aggression to be a run stopper, pass cover and bring a speed blitz. The D is hollowed out up the middle.

I understand the scheme, I was wondering who thinks that dbs are consistently taking on guards? Because they don’t in the 3-3-5.

Reaction Score
In an era when teams routinely throw 40-50 passes playing 5-6 dbacks is pretty common. We just use it as our base defense. We would have had problems last year whatever the defense. We lacked playmakers and the dbacks were all young and mostly slow. And the they didn’t teally understand it.

C

Chief00

In an era when teams routinely throw 40-50 passes playing 5-6 dbacks is pretty common. We just use it as our base defense. We would have had problems last year whatever the defense. We lacked playmakers and the dbacks were all young and mostly slow. And the they didn’t teally understand it.

If the opponent throws 40-50 times a game - more important than ever to get push up the middle and edge rush.

If the front wall doesn’t neutralize the OLine then you have just that - guards taking on DBs on running plays and screens. I don’t know what you were watching last year but we were consistently physically overmatch on blocks and on tackles.

Reaction Score
If the opponent throws 40-50 times a game - more important than ever to get push up the middle and edge rush.

If the front wall doesn’t neutralize the OLine then you have just that - guards taking on DBs on running plays and screens. I don’t know what you were watching last year but we were consistently physically overmatch on blocks and on tackles.

We were physically overmatched at every position on defense because we had an FCS roster. Did you see what Missouri’s WR’s did to our DB’s?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom