Cautiously Optimistic | The Boneyard

Cautiously Optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What an incredible win today. Purvis firing on all cylinders, Boat in CPOY form, Hamilton finding his groove in the second half, even PN doing all of the little things...this is truly UCONN basketball.

As much as I want to, I'm not placing any bets on winning tourneys/getting an at-large bid anytime soon. I want to see this team sustain this higher level of play against Memphis and Temple before prognosticating on our tournament future. Among the many struggles this team has had over the course of the year, the most damning is the lack of consistency. Take Purvis for an example: he was a Ferrari and then some today, but I'm a little nervous about whether he can keep this level of production up on a night-to-night basis for the rest of the season. Although I really want him to, but I can't say he will with 100% certainty.

By no means do I want to put a damper on a phenomenal effort by our boys. Just don't get too carried away with glee -- there are miles to go before we sleep. Let's hope today is a sign of things to come.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
GREAT GREAT win
What would be the icing is if Omar could find his shot
If that would happen and he could hit 3 or 4 a game - and if everyone contributes as they did today - many teams would not want to face UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC
Top Bottom