Catholic 7 are leaving | The Boneyard

Catholic 7 are leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/bigeast14-d7815om-183439151.html

The Golden Eagles will join six other former members of the Big East: Georgetown, St. John's, Providence, DePaul, Seton Hall and Villanova. Butler and Xavier could leave the Atlantic 10 to join the new unnamed league.
Creighton, Virginia Commonwealth, Dayton or St. Louis could become the 10th team, or the conference could begin play with 12 teams if three schools vying for the 10th spot are all worthy candidates.

They been planning this for 6 months. Remaining BE schools will keep the name. They are leaving so they won't take the BE name with them. I am guessing BE needs to form a new all sports league. UCONN will be here until a better offer comes along.

Reaction Score
They're doing what's best for them. Sucks for us. Was hoping we would align with the Catholic-7. This will hurt many of UConn's Olympic sports too. Soccer, Field Hockey, etc. nowhere as strong in CUSA 2.0

Reaction Score
Adios ... Hasta luego.

Georgetown BIG LOSS (in my brain). Villanova. Marquette a little bit. But ... Providence, DePaul, St. John's (and Len Robbins) and Seton Hall. Adia-frigging-os.

Grab Siena please; because, I'd like to see some of you nearby. But, IF we play Georgetown ... and then St. John's or Fordham in the MSG. We need to just get our Fanbase act together. Win with Ollie & get that Pasqualoni into the Dee Rowe job.

Reaction Score
Adios ... Hasta luego.

Georgetown BIG LOSS (in my brain). Villanova. Marquette a little bit. But ... Providence, DePaul, St. John's (and Len Robbins) and Seton Hall. Adia-frigging-os.

Grab Siena please; because, I'd like to see some of you nearby. But, IF we play Georgetown ... and then St. John's or Fordham in the MSG. We need to just get our Fanbase act together. Win with Ollie & get that Pasqualoni into the Dee Rowe job.
They could make Pasqualoni a greeter at the CT HS Coaches meetings, sort of like Walmart does with their senior citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom