Castle BE FOW title watch | The Boneyard

Castle BE FOW title watch

Reaction Score
Castle just earned the 9th FOW honor.
He catapulted into an elite company.
Curious if he can tie or even pilfer the title from Carmelo. That will be another huge blow to Canadian school fans.

Also, what’s the possibility that he gets the DPOY? His defense is even more impressive than his offense production as a freshman.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There just aren't really any other good freshman in the Big East this year. Not that he isn't great, but even on his less-than-stellar weeks, he's still the best because of his defense and just the amount of minutes he plays.
With nova in the state they are, there is very little 5 star freshman talent coming into the league.

Reaction Score
There just aren't really any other good freshman in the Big East this year. Not that he isn't great, but even on his less-than-stellar weeks, he's still the best because of his defense and just the amount of minutes he plays.

All true but I think you can say the same about college basketball in general this year. We have been hearing about how this is potentially the weakest draft class of all time and half of his class are Euro or kids playing outside of NCAA. Added to all the lingering Covid years, there just aren’t that many freshman throughout the country having positive impacts

Reaction Score
All true but I think you can say the same about college basketball in general this year. We have been hearing about how this is potentially the weakest draft class of all time and half of his class are Euro or kids playing outside of NCAA. Added to all the lingering Covid years, there just aren’t that many freshman throughout the country having positive impacts

Yup. Lotta factors. I expect next season we'll see more impactful freshman because of all of them. Good season to (hopefully) get 2 UConn guys in the lottery though. Will be great for recruitment.

Reaction Score
Castle sure doesn't play like a freshman. But he desrves every week he has been named FOTW

Clingan should run away with DPOY.

Reaction Score
Seems like the majority of five star freshmen have been underwhelming this year.

Especially Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw at UK. Practically invisible.

Reaction Score
for perspective when Melo won BE FOY he averaged 22&10(pts/rebs) and had to beat out Craig Smith from BC who averaged 20&8(pts/rebs)

Capture.png

Reaction Score
Carter or Kalk will win DPOY. Then Clingan will go ahead of them in the draft because NBA teams understand his impact.

The numbers speak for themselves. Something like 120 on Miya without DC and number one since he’s returned. He is the most impactful defensive player in the country. He does limit himself with foul trouble, and I have no problem with Carter getting the nod but the idea that Kalk is a better version on each side is silly.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis doesn't think so. Lol

Moronic (take but wouldn’t expect anything more from Davis. Ask any coach in the country whether they’d rather have Kalk or Clingan and the only ones who would take Tall Sheldon are McDermott and anyone who hasn’t watched Clingan play.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Seems like the majority of five star freshmen have been underwhelming this year.

Especially Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw at UK. Practically invisible.

Dillingham is awesome

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And Reed Sheppard is even better than him.

It's close! They're both having great seasons. Their shooting percentages are crazy high--particularly for freshmen. Sheppard shooting over 50% from 3 on high volume is something.

I love watching Dillingham play and I think he's got a higher ceiling but probably a lower floor.

Since we're talking about UK freshmen, why are Ivisic's minutes all over the place?

Reaction Score
It's close! They're both having great seasons. Their shooting percentages are crazy high--particularly for freshmen. Sheppard shooting over 50% from 3 on high volume is something.

I love watching Dillingham play and I think he's got a higher ceiling but probably a lower floor.

Since we're talking about UK freshmen, why are Ivisic's minutes all over the place?
mostly defense, I remember when he came in the South Carolina game they lost on the road Paris made it a point to have his players involve him in alot of the action and attack him

Reaction Score
Dual was supposed to be a stud. Great athlete, not a good basketball player at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom