Cassell | The Boneyard

Cassell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sam is shooting below 30% from the field and below 20% from three, we desperately need Omar to get healthy and rediscover his shot, same for Rodney.

Reaction Score
There is not much he brings to the floor this year. He is well below TSam mainly because TSam can at least play defense.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ollie is doing a favor for his dad. Has no business being on this team. Brings nothing to the table other than his shooting, and which superjohn pointed out, is below average.

Reaction Score
Sam is shooting below 30% from the field and below 20% from three, we desperately need Omar to get healthy and rediscover his shot, same for Rodney.
Why do you feel the need to start numerous threads?

Just put all your thoughts into one.

Reaction Score
I thought he would be a heady player with a good shot, despite his lack of athleticism he had a pretty good rep as a defender. Unfortunately we aren't seeing any of this so far.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
And here's the dumbest post of the day!
What has he done besides mindlessly jack 3's and miss open shots? He turns the ball over too, so I'll give him that.

Reaction Score
Ollie is doing a favor for his dad. Has no business being on this team. Brings nothing to the table other than his shooting, and which superjohn pointed out, is below average.

Please stop posting. BTW, do you still think Purvis was completely healthy for the West Virginia game?

Reaction Score
cassell is a good passer. like inbounds/entry passer. guys like tsam are horrible passers in the half court. second guessing themselves left and right

Reaction Score
Let T Sam play when we need a quick defensive spell, other than that he should never be on the floor. An automatic turnover and terrible shooter.

There is not much he brings to the floor this year. He is well below TSam mainly because TSam can at least play defense.

Reaction Score
Cassell will get it going and then these threads will look silly. I'm looking for Boat to develop into a floor general to get us to the next level. Look at him not Cassell as he's our leader.

Sure Boat had a good game offensively and defensively yet we need him to do the intangibles to win games like these.

Reaction Score
His last attempt for 3 was as deep in the cylinder as I have ever seen a miss go. If he shoots OK, they win. What was it 2/12?

Reaction Score
Cassell will get it going and these threads will look silly. I'm looking for Boat to develop into a floor general to get us to the next level. Look at him not Cassell he's our leader. Sure Boat had a good game offensively and defensively yet we need him to do the intangibles to win games like these.
the issue is he simply is not a floor general. its not in his dna. he gets buckets, or kick outs when he dribbles for like 20 seconds. he needs to effect the game in numerous ways, this is why he isn't a pro prospect

Reaction Score
Cassell will get it going and then these threads will look silly. I'm looking for Boat to develop into a floor general to get us to the next level. Look at him not Cassell as he's our leader.

Sure Boat had a good game offensively and defensively yet we need him to do the intangibles to win games like these.
Boat set Cassell up for a bunch of wide open shots that he bricked, Boat was the furthest thing from being the problem.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
He had 0 turnovers going into today's game. He had 2 today. That is a 7-2 assist to turnover ratio.

stop embarrassing yourself.
As the 4th option ball handler, that is expected. He's not in there to distribute - he's in there to shoot. And usually when you see the first 7 shots not falling, you stop shooting. He did not stop shooting. They were leaving him open, encouraging him to shoot because they knew he wasn't going to make a shot. At that point ( his only asset to this team is shooting ), he needs to be taken off the floor. He already proved he could not play D. So why did he play? TSam, like Cassel, cannot shoot. But at least TSam can drive or create and especially play D.

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:

Just about all of his shots are fade aways which I could see contributing to his low FG % right now. If he can adjust that even a little I feel like he'd see more success.

Reaction Score
Boat set Cassell up for a bunch of wide open shots that he bricked, Boat was the furthest thing from being the problem.
its possible that they BOTH were the problem. we should get easy shots, not pressure packed late shot clock heaves because boatrights been over-dribbling. and cassell should also be more aggressive inside the three point line, but his ball handling is wildly iffy. and then you have samuel who literally is afraid to shoot.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cassell is OK for a sophomore bench guard. He does have to stop jacking 3's though.

Reaction Score

This is a very odd post. Have you been watching UConn games this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom