OT- Casey opts out | The Boneyard

OT- Casey opts out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surely a good move with the concussion history and all the recent conversation about such.
i thought i would go to the UConn football forum for more detailed information. Wow, so many postings full of expletives. It become hard to assimilate accurate information. Glad we have some moderators here who keep us on track. Thanks, mods. Guess I am too old to appreciate the UConn fottball forum. posters.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Surely a good move with the concussion history and all the recent conversation about such.
i thought i would go to the UConn football forum for more detailed information. Wow, so many postings full of expletives. It become hard to assimilate accurate information. Glad we have some moderators here who keep us on track. Thanks, mods. Guess I am too old to appreciate the UConn fottball forum. posters.
I moderate the football board as well as this board but each is a separate community with different mores. What is perfectly acceptable on the women's board might be anathema on the football board and vice versa. As long as the community as a whole is OK with a behavior, it's more or less tolerated.

Reaction Score
As much as this hurts the football program in the short term to lose the starting qb and now be down to just two, Casey Cochran made the absolute right decision. You only get one brain and it doesn't recover from repeated concussions. Heck, I have only had one and I still suffer the effects (almost no sense of smell and limited taste). Granted, mine was a doozy and really...I am lucky to be alive and walking. The long term effects of repeated concussions is nothing to mess with. The Cochran family lives and breathes football, and Casey has made a painful decision to stop playing the sport he loves to preserve the quality of his life in the long term. I have to believe he will become a heck of a coach.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Sorry nan linds. I frequent the football board and, as you gathered, emotions are running a bit high right now. Give it a few days to calm down a bit and I think some of the expletives will stop.

To answer your question, Cochran has had 3 concussions in less than a year. It's been reported that he had one concussion from a hit he suffered in practice, another concussion in a weightlifting accident, and the third (and final) concussion occurred very late in UCONN's opening game against BYU. Three concussions are entering extreme danger zone for serious long-term health effects and so Casey decided to quit playing football. In a bit of good news, UCONN has said that it will honor his scholarship through graduation and that Casey has indicated that he'd like to get into coaching. Perhaps the staff will find a graduate assistant spot for him or he can help the other QBs on the UCONN roster in practice and watching game film.

It's a sad day for UCONN but I think he made the right decision. His health is far more important than anything he would do on the football field. It's just sad because he showed some very real promise and was a fan favorite because he's from Connecticut. Oh well, time to rally behind Whitmer and/or Boyle!

G

genosguy

It has nothing to do with age---it's all about your up-bringing--immoral bloggers are everywhere, thankfully not here. Decent people restrain their urges to get down and dirty--especially in anonymous blogs--people say dirty nasty (remember how the courant was until it was cleaned up) when you can't identify them??

G

genosguy

Sorry nan linds. I frequent the football board and, as you gathered, emotions are running a bit high right now. Give it a few days to calm down a bit and I think some of the expletives will stop.

To answer your question, Cochran has had 3 concussions in less than a year. It's been reported that he had one concussion from a hit he suffered in practice, another concussion in a weightlifting accident, and the third (and final) concussion occurred very late in UCONN's opening game against BYU. Three concussions are entering extreme danger zone for serious long-term health effects and so Casey decided to quit playing football. In a bit of good news, UCONN has said that it will honor his scholarship through graduation and that Casey has indicated that he'd like to get into coaching. Perhaps the staff will find a graduate assistant spot for him or he can help the other QBs on the UCONN roster in practice and watching game film.

It's a sad day for UCONN but I think he made the right decision. His health is far more important than anything he would do on the football field. It's just sad because he showed some very real promise and was a fan favorite because he's from Connecticut. Oh well, time to rally behind Whitmer and/or Boyle!
What this implies is that UCONN HAS THE MOST INTELLIGENT QUARTERBACKS. Where other, ignorant, players bang their heads way too often and keep doing it Cochran, took the high and right road--congratulation UConn, I'm proud to be a FAN.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with age---it's all about your up-bringing--immoral bloggers are everywhere, thankfully not here. Decent people restrain their urges to get down and dirty--especially in anonymous blogs--people say dirty nasty (remember how the courant was until it was cleaned up) when you can't identify them??

Or people just have different norms from one another. For me, considering swearing to be "immoral" is laughable.

Reaction Score
Ross Perot stated that swearing is for people that have a poor command of the English Language. This comment was made during one of his Presidential runs and was prompted by someone showing him a video of him cursing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ross Perot stated that swearing is for people that have a poor command of the English Language. This comment was made during one of his Presidential runs and was prompted by someone showing him a video of him cursing.

What about people who swear in another language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom