Casey Cochran is completing 63% of his pass attempts | The Boneyard

Casey Cochran is completing 63% of his pass attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has 7 TDs, vs 4 Ints.

If you watched him in the spring game, no way you came away thinking he was capable of playing like this at this level, regardless of competition. The mitigating factor was that he was coming off an injury that kept him from getting many reps probably.

The one quality he has shown that you did not see from the other two kids, is an ability to slide up in the pocket as the edge rushers close in, and buy himself time by being mobile in the pocket. It's dare I say, Brady like. Not comparing the two, just that he doesn't panic in the face of a rush, which is rare, especially for a young player.

He still made some ill advise throws, and I don't know if that is confidence in his WRs and his ability to be pin point accurate, or if he just got lucky. The pass to GD in triple coverage was a bad decision, and I thought the pass to Lamell for a TD could have been a disastrous pick 6, which was the one thing you couldn't have there. He made plays though, and that is what we/I have wanted to see for a while now. Kids just making plays based off of

In any event, I'm glad he got his shot. I don't think he is gaining an advantage over the other QBs on the roster with his play, in the eyes of the new coach, but as a fan It's good to know there is a kid ready to play and contribute at this level at the most critical position as we go into next year.

The disaster that was PGDL is gone, but he left some exciting playmakers on O, in CC, Bradley, and Lamell, and I would even put Boyle in there. There are others like Delorenzo and the more experience WRs, but those weren't P recruits. There should be no bare cupboard excuse, but I'm not expecting 8-4, either. I'll be thrilled with a team that is competitive most games, and wins 4-6, games.

Reaction Score
Casey is playing great and he's making smart decisions. I think the more he plays the better he'll get and I'm glad he got the chance to show his game. I think we found a QB, everyone should be happy with that, and he also seems to be using all those receivers and making them better. Spreading the ball around only makes us a more difficult team to play.

I also think, it's great that we also have a running back like Max, reminds me of Robbie Fry, because he seems to be getting better and is making plays and getting positive yards when he gets the ball.

Looks like some of the changes are positive and the only way to look at is "Better late then Never".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom